Prince Philip could be prosecuted over crash
The Duke of Edinburgh could be prosecuted for driving without due care and attention following his car crash, a legal expert has said.
According to lawyer Nick Freeman, dubbed ‘Mr Loophole’, if the Duke simply drove without due care and attention, prosecution is a possibility.
However the 97-year-old royal would have a good defence if he blamed being blinded by the sun, as one witness reported.
He could also avoid prosecution by surrendering his licence, Me Freeman added.
The duke’s Land Rover Freelander flipped on to the driver’s side after colliding with a Kia, when he pulled out of a... read more
- 01:09 On the grid for new kart season
- 00:54 Lincolnshire councils have spent THOUSANDS of pounds hosting awards...
- 00:49 Council leaders warned against imposing car park tax levy ahead of...
- 00:48 Teacher targeted over LGBT work shortlisted for $1m global award
- 00:36 Cost of care for asylum-seeking children ‘doubles in four years’
- 00:36 Culture secretary to meet Mark Zuckerberg in US after snub to MPs
- 00:35 Olives pitting US against EU in global trade fight
- 00:27 City centres 'could become ghost towns'
- 00:26 Sign up for junior golf sessions in Alford
- 00:26 Bowls A team enjoy Horncastle win
- 00:24 India Catholic Cardinal Oswald Gracias ‘failed abuse victims’
- 00:22 High streets will become 'ghost towns' without urgent tax reforms,...
- 00:21 Fresh concerns over Whirlpool's 'fire-risk' tumble dryer repairs
- 00:21 David Mundell claims Brexit will enhance devolution
- 00:21 Musicians voice concern over Ryan Adams' abuse allegations
- 00:17 LGBT-row teacher in top 10 award
- 00:17 Warning over cost of caring for young asylum seekers
- 00:11 Cristiano Ronaldo angrily taunts Atletico Madrid AGAIN after...
- 00:06 Sudoku 4,301 hard
- 00:05 Nestle and Epic pull YouTube ads over offensive content
- 23:54 Data breach and delay: survivors lose faith in New Zealand's...
- 23:54 Historian who confronted Davos billionaires leaks Tucker Carlson rant
- 23:54 Neo-Nazi plotted attack on Democrats and journalists, say prosecutors
- 23:52 Shocking scenes as Celtic fans 'locked in' Valencia bar with armed...
- 23:51 Hoda Muthana: Trump says IS woman barred from US return
- 23:44 Kilmarnock’s Steve Clarke furious after sectarian abuse at Ibrox
- 23:44 Calvin Harris and the 1975 lead winners at 2019 Brit awards
- 23:40 Jussie Smollett is suspected of filing a false report - police
- 23:38 Emergency unit at QEQM Hospital in Margate without power
- 23:33 Jason Roy and Joe Root sink West Indies after Chris Gayle flays...