Primark warning sends shivers through high street in festive run-up
Primark sent a shiver through the high street on Friday as it warned of “challenging” trading conditions, with Brexit jitters threatening the busiest shopping weeks of the year.
Sales at the UK’s third-largest clothing retailer, behind Next and the market leader M&S, have been bucking the high street gloom but Primark warned of subdued sales for November as fewer shoppers visited its stores.
The independent retail analyst Nick Bubb said the update would “strike fear” into fashion retailers’ hearts because Primark is viewed as one of the sector’s more resilient names.
John Bason, the... read more
- 11:55 New congestion-busting A585 bypass plan moves a step closer
- 11:55 David Cameron has his say on Teresa May vote - and everyone is...
- 11:55 Scarborough v Whitby football match: 11 sentenced for violent...
- 11:55 Christmas is cancelled - and we have Brexit to thank
- 11:54 Christmas is cancelled - and we have Brexit to thank
- 11:53 £300m leisure proposals for Blackpool Central pass first hurdle
- 11:53 Christmas is cancelled - and we have Brexit to thank
- 11:53 Who are the possible contenders to be the next Prime Minister?
- 11:52 Lots of people searched for Fortnite and Bowsette porn this year
- 11:51 NASA’s Mars lander stops off to take incredible selfie using its...
- 11:51 Two arrested after sleeping homeless men were drop kicked in...
- 11:51 Scarborough v Whitby football match: 11 sentenced for violent...
- 11:50 Why Hetton Bypass is not needed
- 11:50 St Helens digital health project lands government funding
- 11:50 Do you know her? CCTV appeal to trace woman with buggy on...
- 11:50 Lancashire actress joins the fight to revive the Burnley Empire...
- 11:49 David Cameron crawls out of the woodwork to back Theresa May
- 11:49 Lancashire actress joins the fight to revive the Burnley Empire...
- 11:48 Poulton bar The Cube wins its bid to stay open later on Thursdays
- 11:48 This is what the latest Nuneaton college home plans involve
- 11:47 Births in Scotland have fallen to their lowest ever level
- 11:45 College releases statement about students in Strasbourg at time of...
- 11:45 12 of the longest jail sentences handed out at Leeds Crown Court in...
- 11:44 Hartlepool man returns to town’s Expanded Metal Company
- 11:43 Preston social media expert targets Big Apple
- 11:42 Aquaman reviews: Does the blockbuster sink or swim?
- 11:42 Lancashire actress joins the fight to revive the Burnley Empire...
- 11:41 Tyram Lakes: New 4* hotel and spa on Doncaster lake is GRANTED by...
- 11:41 MPs unite to focus on crisis of Christmas loneliness
- 11:41 This is where motorists can expect delays as repairs to a gas leak...