Primark warning sends shivers through high street in festive run-up
Primark sent a shiver through the high street on Friday as it warned of “challenging” trading conditions, with Brexit jitters threatening the busiest shopping weeks of the year.
Sales at the UK’s third-largest clothing retailer, behind Next and the market leader M&S, have been bucking the high street gloom but Primark warned of subdued sales for November as fewer shoppers visited its stores.
The independent retail analyst Nick Bubb said the update would “strike fear” into fashion retailers’ hearts because Primark is viewed as one of the sector’s more resilient names.
John Bason, the... read more
- 08:39 Office Space at 20: how the comedy spoke to an anxious workplace
- 08:39 The nine greatest Oscar moments
- 08:39 This is what the weather will be like today
- 08:39 Hull weather for Tuesday as temperatures reach double figures
- 08:39 Sheffield weather forecast: Sunny spells but cloud could spoil...
- 08:37 Champions League TV schedule: How to watch Liverpool vs Bayern...
- 08:37 Liverpool vs Bayern Munich TV channel: What TV channel is Liverpool...
- 08:35 This is what the weather will be like today
- 08:35 ‘I was sexually assaulted by a man I’d just interviewed’, says Fern...
- 08:34 Fleetwood mechanic has car seized for no licence
- 08:34 Replacing failed shops 'won't save city centres'
- 08:32 Scots academics call for change in how land is used to slow climate...
- 08:32 The Gruffalo to star on limitede edition 50p coins
- 08:31 Scots TV presenter Nicky Campbell says rejection hard to shake...
- 08:31 Don’t ever put grapes in the microwave – here’s why
- 08:29 Fire at factory linked to hit car TV show
- 08:26 ‘I was sexually assaulted by a man I’d just interviewed’, says Fern...
- 08:26 Vegan sausage roll helps Greggs lift its full year profit outlook
- 08:23 Ole Gunnar Solskjaer approaches Callum Hudson-Odoi after Chelsea’s...
- 08:18 Vegan sausage roll helps Greggs lift its full year profit outlook
- 08:17 Passenger strips to boxers and removes his sock for duration of flight
- 08:17 Hull man fined £100 in Post Office car parking 'trap' reveals how...
- 08:15 Avenue Q a treat for Northampton audiences
- 08:13 Euston stabbing: Eleven held after man dies in hotel reception
- 08:13 How to get a limited edition Gruffalo 50p coin
- 08:13 ‘I was sexually assaulted by a man I’d just interviewed, says Fern...
- 08:13 This is what the weather will be like today
- 08:12 Cops find car in hunt for missing Scots footballer Richard Finnis
- 08:12 This is what the weather will be like today
- 08:12 A38 breakdown alert to rush-hour commuters