Primark sales hit by warm weather
Sales at Primark took a hit in autumn following a spell of warmer than usual weather, but the fashion chain expects profit growth to pick up this year.
Like-for-like sales - which ignore new stores - at the chain are set to fall 1% in the 24 weeks to 3 March.
Primark's owner, Associated British Foods (ABF), said sales were hit by "unseasonably warm weather" in October.
However, it says profit growth is set to accelerate in the second half of the year, partly due to the weaker dollar.
Despite sales falling across Primark as a whole, like-for-like sales in the UK were up 4% where... read more
- 09:06 We’re probably the only intelligent life in the universe,...
- 09:05 Sheffield among worst places in country for dog attacks on postal...
- 09:04 From burning toupees to breaking boundaries: why Queer Eye is TV's...
- 09:02 Chelsea news: Maurizio Sarri set to replace Antonio Conte in next...
- 09:01 Council saved £8.7 million with smarter budgeting last year
- 09:01 Uber's appeal over London licence ban begins
- 09:00 Please appreciate these proud pups enjoying Pride parades
- 09:00 M25 traffic chaos as one lane blocked sparks huge delays
- 08:59 Sheffield among worst places in country for dog attacks on postal...
- 08:58 Child airlifted to hospital with head injuries after cliff fall
- 08:57 Gallery: Annual Handmade Parade was once again a success
- 08:56 Man Utd on red alert as Neymar outlines Real Madrid transfer...
- 08:56 Lloyds Bank and Bank of Scotland slash current account interest for...
- 08:56 Grand motors: The 10 cars most likely to be listed for sale under...
- 08:56 Dog attacks 'major concern' for postal workers after 2,300...
- 08:55 One dead and two fighting for life during burglary in Bristol
- 08:55 Victory propels Erdoğan into elite club of strongman leaders
- 08:54 Public help police to chase down wanted Doncaster man
- 08:54 Amber Valley Soroptimists’ fashion fundraiser
- 08:54 Careers Day proves a hit at Sherburn
- 08:53 Deer 'stuck' in River Soar prompts 4 fire engines into action
- 08:53 Aston Villa step up preparations for the 2018/19 campaign
- 08:53 This is why there are no World Cup fan zones in Birmingham
- 08:53 This is where released goalkeeper Boaz Myhill could pitch up after...
- 08:51 Gossip: West Ham’s Wilshere concern?
- 08:51 Yorkshire QCs warn justice system is at ‘breaking point’
- 08:51 Uruguay team news: Predicted Uruguay line up vs Russia – Key...
- 08:51 Lord Inglewood named as new chairman of Cumbria LEP
- 08:51 Man arrested after alleged handgun incident in town centre
- 08:50 Child airlifted to hospital with head injuries after cliff fall