Premier League clubs' Rainbow Laces posts draw homophobic responses
Premier League football teams including Manchester United, Arsenal and Chelsea have received thousands of homophobic responses on social media for showing solidarity with Stonewall’s pro-LGBT Rainbow Laces campaign.
Over the past two weeks the clubs have been posting pictures on social media of rainbow-striped logos and messages to back the annual campaign, which was launched by Stonewall in 2013 to kick out homophobia in football.
A post on Manchester United’s Facebook page in support of the campaign received more than 43,000 “angry” responses.
Fans’ comments including “Say No to LGBT”,... read more
- 05:27 Legal firm Anderson Strathern unveils half dozen promotions
- 05:10 Syrian Kurdish leader calls for international force to protect Kurds
- 05:09 Line of Duty star Martin Compston lands dream gig with Still Game...
- 05:09 Woman, 61, accused of affair with man, 24, and attacked speaks out
- 05:09 Teacher who secretly filmed kids getting changed for PE downloads...
- 05:06 Child abuse images being traded via secure apps
- 04:59 West Brom receive QPR injury boost as Albion and Leeds United...
- 04:59 Ex-Wolves man's surprising revelation as fans blast Lee Johnson
- 04:59 Birmingham City man sends message about his future as Celtic fans...
- 04:59 Aston Villa receive positive injury news as Dean Smith is given...
- 04:51 Glasgow cabbie joins war on haters after terrifying night-time...
- 04:51 Man found dead in burnt-out car tried to smuggle James Bond-style...
- 04:51 Sister of tragic suicide woman uses her diaries to unpick truth...
- 04:46 India-Pakistan crisis: Saudi Arabia aims to de-escalate tensions
- 04:46 4 Leicester primary schools want to break away from council control...
- 04:37 Sepsis: New rapid test 'could save thousands of lives'
- 04:23 Kurtley Beale ready to move on after creating 'bad image' for rugby...
- 04:14 Ex-Russia probe overseer Rod Rosenstein 'to step down by March'
- 03:58 Bulk carrier runs aground on Solomon Islands reef spilling oil
- 03:58 Rod Rosenstein, key figure behind Mueller inquiry, expected to step...
- 03:39 UK and French tourists missing in Australia beach search
- 02:24 Police confirm death of man following three-car Angus road crash
- 02:19 Can the Brexit Party succeed?
- 02:18 Tay Cities Business Week
- 02:18 Dundee firm at forefront of robotics revolution
- 02:18 Fergus Ewing demands compensation for Scottish farmers and crofters...
- 02:18 Kirkcaldy pay TV specialist announces landmark BT deal
- 02:18 Major Angus windfarm to boost local companies
- 02:18 Potato chiefs working to keep buyers on side post-Brexit
- 02:18 Blackberry breeding scheme is already bearing great fruit