Praise for hospice where we can be ‘just a family’
The Forget Me Not Children’s Hospice is one of the four charities being supported by the Reporter Series Fund in 2013.
The hospice in Huddersfield cares for children with life-limiting conditions and their families across Kirklees and beyond, and one local family has first hand experience of the valuable service it offers.
Lucy Thompson is one of the children who the charity provides care for, and her mother Dawn said she could not praise the work it does highly enough.
“It has helped us as a family in so many ways,” said Dawn, who lives in Thornhill, Dewsbury.
“The overnight stays at... read more
- 10:43 Why is Tesco called Tesco and its new discount store called Jack’s?
- 10:43 Kenilworth Books and Coventry University team-up to keep forgotten...
- 10:43 Arrest made after laser pen is shone at police helicopter in Barnsley
- 10:43 Get set for this weekend's Lancashire Encounter
- 10:41 'Sexist' South Lanarkshire take-away blasted for female only job...
- 10:40 Woman dies after caravan blown off cliff
- 10:40 Lions’ boost to ‘Time For You’ project
- 10:40 Bookies armed robber sentencing delayed
- 10:40 Storm Ali: This is when heavy rain is set to hit Yorkshire today
- 10:39 Northants health bosses draw up plan to prevent winter crisis
- 10:39 Northampton's first triplets in three years are due 'any day now'
- 10:39 Threat of developing dementia soars by 40% in areas of high...
- 10:39 Woman dies inside caravan blown off cliff by Storm Ali
- 10:39 Student had ‘hair shaved and oiled poured in his eye during hazing...
- 10:39 Major American beauty brand Morphe is opening at Bullring
- 10:39 Magical Lantern Festival is returning to Birmingham this Christmas
- 10:39 "The best player in the league' - the Harvey Barnes verdict from...
- 10:39 Met Office issues 'danger to life' Storm Ali weather warning for...
- 10:38 Batley seal thrilling success but Ossett avoid relegation
- 10:38 Moorlands finish season on a high by beating Delph
- 10:38 Mansfield teenager breaches order preventing him from an Kirkby...
- 10:38 Storm Ali: This is when heavy rain is set to hit Yorkshire today
- 10:37 Peter Dutton risks no confidence motion after report finds he...
- 10:37 'Manual scavenging': death toll of Indian sewer cleaners revealed
- 10:37 Revealed: the everyday appliances most likely to start a fire in...
- 10:36 Co-op Funeral Care left my mum looking like she 'had been punched...
- 10:36 Revealed: the everyday appliances most likely to start a fire in...
- 10:33 Woman dies after Storm Ali blows caravan off cliff with her inside
- 10:33 Man exposes himself near a Workington infant school
- 10:32 Liverpool news: Why Neymar would NOT get into Jurgen Klopp’s side -...