Pound v US dollar: UK confidence back as GBP holds against USD
Despite disappointing UK confidence scores, GBP/USD is trending around US$1.307.
The latest GfK consumer confidence survey has shown that household morale has fallen back to the level seen in the wake of the vote to leave the European Union.
The sentiment index fell from -10 to -12 during July; -1 point lower than economists expected.
According to GfK, the largest drop in the five constituent measures for the survey came from attitudes towards the general economic situation, which declined -6 points to hit -31; a four-year low.
GfK Head of Market Dynamics Joe Staton said: “The economic... read more
- 08:39 David Bowie's first demo track discovered in old bread basket
- 08:39 I'm a bisexual woman who has met a lovely man – but I can’t have...
- 08:39 Diana Penny: Scotland’s tourism and travel businesses are booming
- 08:38 10,000 customers move to ‘democratic’ energy firm
- 08:38 Plan early and avoid debit cards: how to get the most from holiday...
- 08:38 Brian Monteith: A new party offers no guarantees of reversing...
- 08:39 Loris Karius hits back at Liverpool fans who mocked him for...
- 08:38 Leader comment: Turbulent times may demand change
- 08:38 Why didn’t my Eames chairs come up to the mark?
- 08:38 Lesley Riddoch: Brexit puts our fruit farmers in a jam
- 08:39 Jose Mourinho fires warning to Anthony Martial after Chelsea...
- 08:38 Communities could lose out on broadband and mobile coverage
- 08:39 Brazil far-right politician enters presidential race
- 08:38 Wheelchair access row over 100 rail stations
- 08:39 Iker Casillas launches staunch defence of under-fire Liverpool...
- 08:38 Quorn invests £7m into R&D on back of veganism boom
- 08:38 Anger as four million Virgin customers lose channels in UKTV row
- 08:39 Chinese Premier Li Keqiang calls for crackdown on vaccine industry
- 08:39 Trump and Iran's Rouhani trade angry threats
- 08:38 No-deal Brexit risks 'civil unrest', warns Amazon's UK boss
- 08:39 Jose Mourinho told he must sell one player if he wants a new...
- 08:38 Cockroaches and mice infest psychiatric hospital kitchens
- 08:39 Bayern Munich chief Uli Hoeness celebrates Mesut Ozil retirement:...
- 08:38 NHS forced to pay £1,900 a shift for locum nursing staff
- 08:39 Tiger Woods angry at himself despite best Major finish in FIVE years
- 08:38 SNP warns no-deal Brexit leaves Scottish economy facing devastation
- 08:37 Country diary: a boon to walkers, a threat to the wetland
- 08:38 Paramedics to take over GPs’ house calls across Edinburgh
- 08:37 All roads lead to Romagna
- 08:38 Two dead and 13 injured shooting outside restaurant in Toronto, Canada