Police stinger stops stolen supercar speeding at 100mph through Chorley streets
A stolen Nissan GT-R hit speeds of 100mph as it tore through the streets of Chorley this morning. The stolen car, worth more than £80,000, was spotted driving away from an incident in Chorley before police gave chase.
Police launched a high speed pursuit and used stingers to puncture the tyres of the luxury sports car as it reached speeds of 100mph.
The spikes worked and police found the supercar abandoned a short while later.
Officers gave chase on foot and arrested five people nearby.
Man cut free from car wreck after Chorley drug driver crash read more
- 01:19 Tim Farron: One last chance for Chris Grayling to prove himself as...
- 01:19 Jayne Dowle: Why jobs statistics tell only part of the overall...
- 01:19 Lee Rowley: How my proposed law will limit the ability of fracking...
- 01:19 The Yorkshire Post says: Home truths on housing policy as green...
- 01:11 Dead rats used to smuggle drugs and mobile phones into prison
- 01:04 Knife crime: Tony Blair says police losing knife crime battle
- 00:59 Sudoku 4,328 easy
- 00:58 Prince Charles and Camilla make history in Cuba
- 00:52 Gangs using dead rats to smuggle drugs into Dorset prison
- 00:41 UK's big broadband providers give 'shoddy' service – report
- 00:25 The vision that signalled the end of old New Street
- 00:24 Devolved and UK ministers’ mistrust spans decades and parties,...
- 00:20 'Muslims don't date, we marry'
- 00:20 Invoice scams hit 40% of firms, says report
- 00:20 Ex-Autonomy boss Mike Lynch denies new US charges
- 00:20 First and second class stamp prices rise
- 00:12 Fife worker registrations down by a third as SNP warn of...
- 00:10 Smacking children to be banned in Wales
- 23:59 'Nervous' David Warner clubs 85 on IPL return to give Australian...
- 23:54 Woman and child injured in suspected shooting in London
- 23:53 Jose Mourinho predicts the two teams who will contest the Champions...
- 23:53 Rio Ferdinand wants Reiss Nelson and Phil Foden in England squad next
- 23:53 Ronnie O’Sullivan makes Snooker World Championship prediction after...
- 23:21 Andreas Christensen claims Chelsea will serve transfer ban and has...
- 23:16 Figges Marsh 'shooting': Woman and child, 11, among injured
- 23:02 Hunt for Gatwick drone saw police blow £400,000 on bungled...
- 23:02 Theresa May offers ‘no-concessions’ at crucial Chequers crunch-talks
- 23:02 UK-based tapir has become oldest in the world
- 22:59 England ready to deal with fiery atmosphere in Montenegro
- 22:52 Ronnie O’Sullivan matches Stephen Hendry world record with Tour...