'Police shootout' near M5 motorway sees 'shots fired through car window'
Armed police fired 'ten shots' into a car in a dramatic incident at a motorway junction this morning (weds), an eye witness said.
Officers hauled the injured man from the old red Vauxhall Corsa who began attempted to resuscitate him on the road just off the M5 near Portishead, North Somerset.
Onlookers said two police cars pinned in the Corsa, before officers approached, backed off and then closed back in while two officers fired shots.
Avon and Somerset Police refused to give any information about the incident on the A369 Portbury Hundred at around 9.30am.
Eyewitness David Ellison... read more
- 03:06 Top police commander praises witnesses who helped victim in Asda...
- 00:14 Three arrested after shots fired in Leicester city centre
- 00:15 Multiple theories of how to tackle Carnoustie reach no firm conclusion
- 03:06 Labour celebrates victory in Besses by election
- 00:15 Graffiti gang who caused £77,000 worth of damage to trains across...
- 00:14 Youths go on smashing spree in Peterlee
- 00:14 REVIEW: Poptastic Steps wow crowds at Lytham Festival
- 00:14 Pizza, popcorn - Sleights pupils’ sleepover at school raises more...
- 00:14 Victim speaks out after sex attacker jailed for 23 years
- 00:14 New low for Northants as they are beaten by Derbyshire
- 00:14 Police make second arrest in Shaun Lyall death
- 00:14 Headteacher says councillors 'must do better' after branding his...
- 00:14 RISE AND SHINE: Your morning news and travel
- 00:14 Steelbacks set to make more changes for Bears battle