Police reveal man was armed with a gun during huge operation in Dunswell Road
Police have revealed that a man was armed with a gun after officers closed off Dunswell Road as part of a major operation.
A large chunk of the road was closed off for several hours on Wednesday night with armed police descending on the busy commuter route following concerns for the safety of a man inside a property.
No other details were given but Humberside Police have now revealed a man has been cautioned for possessing an unlicensed firearm in relation to Wednesday night's incident.
Three ambulances, a fire engine, the police dog unit and several armed officers were in the street for... read more
- 04:14 Ex-Russia probe overseer Rod Rosenstein 'to step down by March'
- 03:58 Bulk carrier runs aground on Solomon Islands reef spilling oil
- 03:58 Rod Rosenstein, key figure behind Mueller inquiry, expected to step...
- 03:39 UK and French tourists missing in Australia beach search
- 02:24 Police confirm death of man following three-car Angus road crash
- 02:19 Can the Brexit Party succeed?
- 02:18 Tay Cities Business Week
- 02:18 Dundee firm at forefront of robotics revolution
- 02:18 Fergus Ewing demands compensation for Scottish farmers and crofters...
- 02:18 Kirkcaldy pay TV specialist announces landmark BT deal
- 02:18 Major Angus windfarm to boost local companies
- 02:18 Potato chiefs working to keep buyers on side post-Brexit
- 02:18 Blackberry breeding scheme is already bearing great fruit
- 02:10 Sick refugees on Manus and Nauru to be sent to Christmas Island not...
- 02:10 16 US states sue over Trump border wall emergency declaration
- 02:07 Arsene Wenger appears to disagree with Maurizio Sarri over how best...
- 01:54 Labour warned more MPs 'thinking long and hard' about futures
- 01:50 No points punishment as Leeds United are hit with fine by EFL for...
- 01:45 Sheela-na-gigs: The naked women adorning Britain's churches
- 01:45 Stephen Lawrence: How has his murder changed policing?
- 01:45 Birmingham bin row: Workers start latest strike action
- 01:29 Top Gear season 26 episode 1 review: is the show finally back on...
- 01:28 Australia's drought leading to 'suffering' of children, UN warns
- 01:23 Police search for missing UK and French tourists at beach near Port...
- 01:14 US states sue Trump over border wall
- 01:06 The Yorkshire Post says: Labour split comes at fractious time for...
- 01:06 The Yorkshire Post says: Attitudes to clothing must shift from...
- 00:59 Green anger at SNP for bowing to ‘right-wing voices’ over income tax
- 00:58 Justin Trudeau's top adviser resigns as 'political meddling'...
- 00:53 The long and contentious story of the £1bn Aberdeen bypass