Police probe claims woman at centre of Ched Evans trial named on social media
Police are investigating allegations that the woman at the centre of the Ched Evans trial has again been named on social media.
The Wales international footballer was found not guilty at a retrial of raping a 19-year-old woman following a five-year battle to clear his name.
The complainant was forced to move house at least five times following the original trial, after being repeatedly identified on social media.
North Wales Police are now investigating alleged further naming of the woman in the wake of the retrial - a criminal offence under Section Five of the Sexual Offences Amendments... read more
- 01:28 Clive Betts: Now is the time to allow ‘safe standing’ in football...
- 01:26 Sunderland schoolgirl takes part in rare sea baptism in South Shields
- 01:26 Hundreds turn out to mark Armed Forces Day in South Shields
- 01:23 Mexico town's entire police force detained after murder
- 01:23 Clive Betts: Now is the time to allow ‘safe standing’ in football...
- 01:20 Is Kirklees a dinosaur?
- 01:20 $esc.html($content.name)
- 01:12 Surprise as DNA reveals new group of Native Americans: the ancient...
- 01:05 Clive Betts: Now is the time to allow ‘safe standing’ in football...
- 01:01 Clashes in Nigeria between farmers and herders kill 86
- 01:00 Baroness Sugg: Heathrow expansion will benefit all of UK
- 01:00 Jayne Dowle: Time to ban mobile phones from the classroom
- 00:54 The Yorkshire Post says: Back into battle. Treatment of military...
- 00:54 The Yorkshire Post says: Yorkshire’s future. Dan Jarvis leading...
- 00:54 Peter Gordon's panna cotta with balsamic blackberries recipe
- 00:54 The Yorkshire Post says: A new deal for rural Britain? Don’t write...
- 00:53 MPs gear up for crunch Heathrow vote without Boris Johnson
- 00:52 Train passengers stranded in Glasgow for nearly two hours due to...
- 00:52 Thousands descend on Edinburgh for Cancer Research Race For Life
- 00:47 Sir Philip Green came close to acquiring M&S in 2004, book claims
- 00:47 Little green bag: Morrisons turns to paper in war on plastic
- 00:47 Single first-time buyer in London needs 17 years to find 15%...
- 00:47 Ofgem appoints economist Martin Cave as chairman
- 00:42 Barrow model train club offer free days to local disability groups
- 00:38 Mental health services for the young is NHS's 'silent catastrophe'
- 00:36 The $5bn tech boss who grew up without electricity
- 00:35 Ministers shake up contract bidding rules
- 00:34 Paper bags for fruit and veg return to Morrisons in bid to cut down...
- 00:34 ‘World’s biggest pizza’ contains 11,000 calories and is four-foot wide
- 00:29 England show best of rugby league in dazzling Denver defeat of New...