Police issue warning after cats poisoned by anti-freeze
Two cats have died after being poisoned by anti-freeze in the Ribble Valley prompting the police to issue a warning to pet owners and motorists.
A spokesman for Ribble Valley Police said: "We have received a report of two cats dying from poisoning in the Sabden area.
"One has been confirmed as having been poisoned by anti-freeze - it is reported that the other had similar symptoms. It is not known how the cats have ingested the anti-freeze."
He added: "Anti-freeze is very poisonous to domestic animals. If it is administered deliberately then it is an offence under the... read more
- 02:20 Sheku Kanneh-Mason: Teen cellist wins new Breakthrough music prize
- 02:14 Comment: Universities can lead cybersecurity innovation
- 02:14 Business leaders sign up to support MCR Pathways
- 02:14 Scotland’s cases of fraud against businesses fall by half
- 02:12 Liberty Stadium operator claims venue has structural defects
- 02:12 Colchester shopkeeper 'told off' over thief poster
- 02:12 New chief urged to tackle police 'misogyny'
- 02:02 Whistleblower warns of Vodafone security breaches
- 01:43 Councillor hopes Northampton swimming pool's future can be resolved
- 01:38 Trump's military parade postponed amid news it could cost $92m
- 01:38 Atal Bihari Vajpayee, former Indian prime minister, dies at 93
- 01:38 China is 'rapidly' expanding bomber training, probably for US...
- 01:31 NYU offers free tuition for all its medical students
- 01:27 La Liga secures deal to stage top flight game in USA; Barcelona or...
- 01:25 Melbourne teen pleads guilty to hacking into Apple network
- 01:11 Celebrities warned over social media ads
- 01:11 Marine Le Pen's presence deemed 'disrespectful' at Web Summit
- 01:11 FBI sought Google location data of many to catch robber
- 01:11 President Trump relaxes US cyber-attacks rules
- 01:11 Motorola phone 'brazen copy' of iPhone X
- 01:07 Why blue-green algae can be toxic to pets and humans
- 01:07 Courtney Hadwin: British teen through to America's Got Talent semis
- 01:07 A-level results: Why clearing is 'not the end of the world'
- 01:07 Born Famous: Poverty safari or positive experience?
- 01:07 The three-year-old with an IQ of 171
- 01:07 A-level results a surprise? We answer your questions
- 01:07 Celebrity Big Brother 2018: Who's in the house?
- 01:07 Welsh tourist can leave Dubai after £36k speeding fines
- 01:07 Fan y Big mountain in Brecon Beacons downgraded to hill
- 01:08 England and Wales see fewest prosecutions since records began