Police in crackdown on uninsured drivers on South Yorkshire's roads
Motorists will be pulled over by the police in a crackdown on uninsured drivers across South Yorkshire this week.
Officers will stop motorists to check their documents in a bid to drive down the number of uninsured drivers on the roads.
The action forms parts of a national awareness week launched as part of Operation Drive, devised by the Motor Insurers’ Bureau, to highlight the dangers of driving without insurance.
It is hoped that it will reduce the number of deaths on the roads,with 23 people killed in South Yorkshire so far this year.
The Motor Insurers’ Bureau claims that those who... read more
- 18:55 20 month jail sentence for man who posted 32 racial hatred tweets
- 18:54 Temperatures reach 29.4C on the UK's hottest day of the year
- 18:48 Firearms incident: West Yorkshire Police called to street after...
- 18:48 'Buy the man a pint' - readers react to hero dad who saved boy from...
- 18:48 Jos Buttler: matchwinner with the courage and ability not to become...
- 18:48 Portugal vs Iran LIVE STREAM: How to watch Ronaldo in World Cup...
- 18:46 A590 clear after collision brings tailbacks
- 18:44 Citing Trump, woman in video calls Latino man 'rapist, animal, drug...
- 18:44 British driver clocked at 165mph during secret race in France
- 18:43 Music Review Swift lives up to her reputation
- 18:41 World Cup fans panic after Mohamed Salah’s subdued goal celebration...
- 18:38 Travel insurance to get easier to find for cancer sufferers and...
- 18:37 Southampton baby death: Teenager denies son's murder
- 18:34 Boris Johnson flew to Afghanistan to avoid Heathrow vote
- 18:33 Police issue warning after Cumbria hit by phone scam
- 18:33 Crossword roundup: more geometry and politics than football
- 18:32 CO2 shortage: Coca-Cola pauses production at some plants
- 18:31 Is this China's next aircraft carrier? Design of Beijing's third...
- 18:30 Gareth Southgate must weigh up options for England v Belgium decider
- 18:30 Bath and Wells Diocese to sell 12th Century office
- 18:30 Sir Jeremy Heywood to take break for cancer treatment
- 18:25 Train speed restrictions introduced as Britain faces 10-day heatwave
- 18:25 Disgraced bank manager given 2nd chance - and plunders coach firm's...
- 18:25 Mystery and sadness over death of much-loved swan in Sefton Park
- 18:24 Chester FC complete double swoop as Jon Moran and John Pritchard sign
- 18:24 What the law says you're allowed to do if you see a dog locked in a...
- 18:24 Chelsea transfer news: Manolas and Rugani ‘talks’, Hazard to Real...
- 18:24 Dele Alli injury: Gareth Southgate offers update on Spurs star...
- 18:23 Firearms incident: West Yorkshire Police called to street after...
- 18:22 Humans ‘probably only intelligent life in the Universe’