Police hand out greetings cards to Sunderland students to 'stay safe' on nights out
Police are giving out quirky greetings cards to new Sunderland University students which urge them to stay safe on nights out.
Officers have been attending the university's Freshers' Fayre this week to meet with first-years and hand out specially designed greetings cards which reinforce the importance of staying safe during and after a heavy night on the tiles.
The force says that the cards provide students with simple, easy to digest information about responsible drinking, the dangers of spiking and how to protect their new homes from opportunistic burglars.
Scott Hall Chief Superintendent... read more
- 02:09 Acorn Enterprise provides growth spurt for start-ups
- 02:05 Hostility to men and the elderly could become hate crimes
- 01:40 Royal tour: First glimpse of Meghan's baby bump
- 01:40 Stormy Daniels defamation lawsuit against Trump dismissed
- 01:29 The Yorkshire Post says: Stick to day job. Universal Credit...
- 01:27 Died and gone to heaven? No, that's air pollution Bryan Adams
- 01:25 Budget 2018 predictions: what will Philip Hammond announce?
- 01:25 High Street ‘vital to UK’s social fabric’ - Card Factory boss
- 01:14 Microsoft co-founder and philanthropist Paul Allen dies aged 65
- 01:13 Andrew Vine: High street shops need support so use them or lose them
- 01:11 Prince Harry and Meghan given some very Australian baby gifts
- 01:04 High Street ‘vital to UK’s social fabric’ - Card Factory boss
- 01:02 The Yorkshire Post says: Thank you to Childline volunteers who...
- 01:02 Claire Perry: Greener world presents new opportunities for...
- 01:02 High Street ‘vital to UK’s social fabric’ - Card Factory boss
- 00:57 William Wallace: No deal on Brexit may well mean the end of the UK....
- 00:54 Facebook cracks down on ‘dark ads’ by British political groups
- 00:54 UK cyber-centre thwarts hostile hackers
- 00:52 Spain player ratings: How did Paco Alcacer, David De Gea and Thiago...
- 00:52 Arsenal news: Unai Emery has achieved something Arsene Wenger...
- 00:50 Sudoku 4,192 medium
- 00:50 City where only one train in three is on time
- 00:44 The face of Hull city centre could soon be transformed with big...
- 00:39 Usain Bolt offered European professional football deal – reports
- 00:31 Letter from Africa: Kenya unveils biblical strategy to tackle...
- 00:26 Countries where smacking children is banned 'are safer to grow up in'
- 00:25 Belgian mechanic accidentally destroys £22m fighter jet
- 00:24 UK in-store contactless payments overtake chip and pin – Worldpay
- 00:24 Hammond 'would need £19bn a year to meet May's end of cuts vow'
- 00:24 Australian embassy in Israel may be moved to Jerusalem