Police defend drop in drink driving tests during Cumbria crackdown
The county force says it is now more targeted in how it goes about checking for divers being over the limit.
Officers add they work more off information about suspected drink drivers, with tips coming from sources such as pubs - or people with worries about particular motorists.
The force also carries out checks based on calls to other circumstances, such as crashes.
As well as this, patrols have been watching out for the manner in which people are driving.
Cumbria Police spoke out after their latest figures showed 235 tests for drink driving were carried out in the latest Christmas... read more
- 16:37 The Yarn Box wool shop run by young entrepreneur Charlotte Nicol is...
- 16:37 Chorley hairdresser given Community Hero award
- 16:36 Scheme that logs late and cancelled Northampton buses could hold...
- 16:36 Corby man wanted by police
- 16:35 Legal action over delayed Blackpool housing scheme
- 16:35 Blackpool builders praised for community spirit at teddy bears' picnic
- 16:35 Ryanair investors 'may lose voting rights'
- 16:34 Storm Ali LIVE: Latest Metro, trains and traffic news and how your...
- 16:34 Winds of more than 90mph cause fear across UK as Storm Ali kills two
- 16:34 Thug dragged woman hiding under car home and repeatedly raped her...
- 16:33 Sneaton Castle for sale for first time since 1915
- 16:33 Council officials issue advice over firm claiming Hartlepool...
- 16:33 Andrew Gwynne visits Hull - this is what he said about Hull council...
- 16:32 Fallen trees blocking roads in Kenilworth, Warwick and Princethorpe
- 16:31 Chelsea ace Ethan Ampadu sends message to Maurizio Sarri after...
- 16:31 Thornhill denied as Oulton drop goal snatches victory
- 16:31 Focusing on festival exhibits
- 16:31 Doncaster Council promise system overhaul after they ‘failed’...
- 16:31 Freedom of the borough nomination for former Doncaster council...
- 16:31 ‘The Milligan Papers’ is coming to Louth Riverhead Theatre
- 16:31 Two people arrested after door-to-door sales in Louth and Coningsby
- 16:31 Clumber Park closes early as Storm Ali hits
- 16:29 Elderly woman suffers minor injuries after fall 'caused by wind'
- 16:28 Lancaster film-maker’s martial arts zombie movie makes big screen...
- 16:28 Skegness Hospital: Work to begin on £190,000 project to improve...
- 16:28 Storm Ali brings down Derbyshire trees and blocks roads
- 16:27 Bouncy castle tester wanted for world's largest inflatable obstacle...
- 16:27 French magazine loses appeal over Duchess of Cambridge topless photos
- 16:26 Fallen trees blocking roads in Kenilworth, Warwick and Princethorpe
- 16:26 Barnsley teen injured in Smiler crash sues Alton Tower’s owners