Pock Arts Centre hosts top brass
There’s the chance to come along and join Sinfonia Viva, the Grammy nominated orchestra, for a musical spectacular featuring some of Sinfonia Viva’s most virtuosic, skilful and brilliant brass players, at the Pocklington Arts Centre this Saturday (10 February).
Featuring songs that range from baroque to jazz to light music, the show is billed as ‘something for everyone’.
A spokesman said: “From Fats Waller’s enduring and instantly recognisable Ain’t Misbehavin’ and Duke Ellington’s classic and much covered In a Sentimental Mood, to the light breezy sounds of Grainger’s Londonderry Air, this... read more
- 06:55 Tuesday’s best TV: The Five Billion Pound Super Sewer; Random Acts
- 06:55 Tuesday briefing: 'Treasonous' Trump kowtows to Putin
- 06:55 'Putin's poodle': newspapers declare Trump a traitor after Helsinki...
- 06:55 'Always go slightly too far': what makes ambush TV work?
- 06:31 How we made: Roni Size on the Mercury-winning album New Forms
- 06:12 Nauru asylum seeker's body flown to Brisbane after emotional standoff
- 06:12 State of emergency proclaimed over dock strike - archive, 1970
- 06:57 Frozen sweetcorn from Lidl now being recalled amid listeria outbreak
- 06:11 Top cancer genetics professor quits job over bullying allegations
- 06:11 Genetically modified babies given go ahead by UK ethics body
- 06:08 Helena Morrissey: ‘We have nine children. I plan every day on a...
- 04:36 Peter Capaldi writes to reassure young fan about Doctor Who...
- 04:36 Ex-wife of former One Nation adviser calls for rape survivors to be...
- 04:36 New Caledonia referendum: call to reject 'colonising power' France
- 04:36 'No collusion': Trump and Putin deny election meddling in TV...
- 04:35 Tech shares keep sinking amid concerns sector is slowing
- 04:01 Australian media are in decline. The Fourth Estate reminds us why...
- 04:01 Turnbull says there is ‘real concern about Sudanese gangs’ in...
- 04:01 Putin rejects UK's 'ungrounded accusations' over novichok poisoning
- 00:57 Doctor Who star Jodie Whittaker hopes role will inspire young girls
- 00:54 Over 2 million Britons risk dying early from multiple illnesses
- 00:54 NHS rationing putting hernia patients' lives at risk, say surgeons
- 00:54 UK police force failed to record 10,000 crimes, watchdog says
- 00:54 Lava 'bomb' crashes through roof of boat in Hawaii, injuring tourists
- 00:54 Only 1% of children's books have BAME main characters – UK study
- 00:54 Sudoku 4114 medium
- 06:55 Duncan Priddle: Take a trip to see Tolkein-esque beauty and rare...
- 06:55 Heart disease patients with multiple illnesses ‘in need of more help’
- 06:54 Drug mule says ‘I’m going to die, Lord help me’ in farewell video...
- 06:54 Man Utd boss Jose Mourinho 'seriously impressed' with one star in...