PM targets 'pointless' EU red tape
David Cameron called for swifter action to sweep away "pointless" EU red tape as he published a Government-commissioned report by business leaders of the 30 worst threats to small firms.
The Prime Minister said member states and the European Commission needed to "listen to business and move faster" to remove threats to economic growth when they meet for a summit next week.
In a bid to underline his intent, Mr Cameron has taken the unusual step of inviting the authors of the report to present their findings to the weekly Cabinet meeting this morning.
The group, which... read more
- 10:41 Calderdale house prices down by 1.9 per cent in January
- 10:40 Jeremy Corbyn refused Brexit talks to save ‘breathing same air as...
- 10:40 Sex worker goes viral for licking aeroplane toilet in ‘gross’...
- 10:40 Here are all Google’s fines from the European Commission
- 10:40 Russian sailors rescued after leaving ship to go drinking
- 10:40 Jim Donegan: 'Paramilitaries' behind school gate murder
- 10:37 M5 will stay shut for HOURS after woman, 45, dies in crash near...
- 10:36 Warwick residents urged to be vigilant after spate of crime
- 10:36 Police officers speak to vehicle owner after parking problem in...
- 10:36 Burnley pie master tastes success at British Pie Awards
- 10:36 Pay rise is a chance to 'value' work of Birmingham councillors
- 10:35 Police officer from Sheffield at risk of losing job over ‘water...
- 10:34 Scarface fan who went on three-year killing spree found guilty of...
- 10:34 Calderdale house prices down by 1.9 per cent in January
- 10:33 No deal hypocrisy by the leave campaigners
- 10:33 US briefing: New Zealand gun ban, Brexit delay and slavery reparations
- 10:33 Bubblegum ice cream hits Asda shelves thanks to new supply deal
- 10:32 Warwick residents urged to be vigilant after spate of crime
- 10:32 Messi, Matty Taylor, Lewis Hamilton and commentators gone wild
- 10:31 Melton traders urged to display knives more responsibly
- 10:31 Cannabis driver flipped car onto roof in Burnley road
- 10:31 From extreme heat to sinking venues: how are festivals coping with...
- 10:31 Brexit: EU rejects May's request for three-month delay
- 10:29 Showjumping event to be held for missing Emiliano Sala plane pilot...
- 10:29 These are the worst areas in Doncaster for dog fouling
- 10:29 Premier League transfer news: Callum Hudson-Odoi, Philippe...
- 10:29 Shirt worn by Derby County legend from Rams’ Brian Clough and Peter...
- 10:29 SPONSORED: Last chance to own a retirement flat near Broughty Ferry
- 10:29 Scarface fan who went on three-year killing spree found guilty of...
- 10:27 Alain Ducasse on the perfect cup of coffee