PM targets 'pointless' EU red tape
David Cameron called for swifter action to sweep away "pointless" EU red tape as he published a Government-commissioned report by business leaders of the 30 worst threats to small firms.
The Prime Minister said member states and the European Commission needed to "listen to business and move faster" to remove threats to economic growth when they meet for a summit next week.
In a bid to underline his intent, Mr Cameron has taken the unusual step of inviting the authors of the report to present their findings to the weekly Cabinet meeting this morning.
The group, which... read more
- 01:30 Tim Morris: Getting freight moving – don’t let the M62 grind the...
- 01:30 The Yorkshire Post says: Action stations – getting the North back...
- 01:28 The Yorkshire Post says: Stopping the rot – high time for high...
- 01:28 The Yorkshire Post says: The rise of the Independents – give this...
- 01:22 Auckland threatens to eject Lime scooters after wheels lock at high...
- 01:21 Jeremy Corbyn calls on eight Labour defectors to quit as MPs
- 01:15 Alex Sobel: Why it is now vital that we extend Article 50 over Brexit
- 01:15 Jayne Dowle: The Independent rebels with a cause must look to...
- 01:15 Tim Morris: Getting freight moving – don’t let the M62 grind the...
- 01:15 The Yorkshire Post says: Action stations – getting the North back...
- 01:09 On the grid for new kart season
- 00:54 Lincolnshire councils have spent THOUSANDS of pounds hosting awards...
- 00:49 Council leaders warned against imposing car park tax levy ahead of...
- 00:48 Teacher targeted over LGBT work shortlisted for $1m global award
- 00:36 Cost of care for asylum-seeking children ‘doubles in four years’
- 00:36 Culture secretary to meet Mark Zuckerberg in US after snub to MPs
- 00:35 Olives pitting US against EU in global trade fight
- 00:27 City centres 'could become ghost towns'
- 00:26 Sign up for junior golf sessions in Alford
- 00:26 Bowls A team enjoy Horncastle win
- 00:24 India Catholic Cardinal Oswald Gracias ‘failed abuse victims’
- 00:22 High streets will become 'ghost towns' without urgent tax reforms,...
- 00:21 Fresh concerns over Whirlpool's 'fire-risk' tumble dryer repairs
- 00:21 David Mundell claims Brexit will enhance devolution
- 00:21 Musicians voice concern over Ryan Adams' abuse allegations
- 00:17 LGBT-row teacher in top 10 award
- 00:17 Warning over cost of caring for young asylum seekers
- 00:11 Cristiano Ronaldo angrily taunts Atletico Madrid AGAIN after...
- 00:06 Sudoku 4,301 hard
- 00:05 Nestle and Epic pull YouTube ads over offensive content