Plans for new Berwick hospital making ‘good progress’
Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust has announced that ‘good progress’ is being made towards the construction of a new, standalone, hospital in Berwick.
In particular significant steps have been made towards identifying a new site. The trust is currently examining a wide range of options and has commenced commercial negotiations.
Each option under consideration is focused on getting the best possible outcome for patients from the town and its surrounding area.
“We have taken the opportunity to reflect very seriously on the best way forward on what we heard from the local community... read more
- 10:50 Babies battle it out for champion crawler of the year at NBA half-time
- 10:50 "Photo of a ghost taken with a potato": Social media reacts to...
- 10:48 Woman ‘seriously injured’ after car crashes into railway bridge in...
- 10:47 'Room for improvement' on homelessness, West Yorkshire PCC says
- 10:47 ‘Intelligent’ Bowditch taken off with ‘breathing difficulties’ in...
- 10:46 Wyre teenager jailed for attacking woman at Royal Blood gig in...
- 10:45 When do schools break up for Christmas 2018?
- 10:45 Rainford students in pole position on McLaren visit
- 10:45 Dad pointed gun at daughter, 4, then told her to play with it
- 10:45 Proclaimers feel the love in a sold-out Caird Hall
- 10:45 Londoners subjected to controversial facial recognition...
- 10:45 Map showing Christmas getaway traffic hotspots as 20,000,000 head home
- 10:45 Capture the beauty of Yorkshire on camera - and feature in a calendar
- 10:44 Nursery staff told not to call children 'boys' and 'girls' in bid...
- 10:43 Wigan business fear impact of Clean Air Plan
- 10:43 Doncaster MP Ed Miliband pokes fun at Conservatives over Brexit...
- 10:41 Remember when 96 New Walk was base for minor injury, baby and...
- 10:40 Sheffield massage parlour boss killer to be sentenced today
- 10:40 Police DNA tagging in Wakefield has 'cut street drinking offences...
- 10:40 Driver suspected of drug driving after pensioner hit by van
- 10:40 Warwickshire gets more than £5 million to combat potholes
- 10:40 Trapped horse rescued by Melton firefighters
- 10:40 Capture the beauty of Yorkshire on camera - and feature in a calendar
- 10:40 'Room for improvement' on homelessness, West Yorkshire PCC says
- 10:39 Police DNA tagging in Wakefield has 'cut street drinking offences...
- 10:39 Capture the beauty of Yorkshire on camera - and feature in a calendar
- 10:38 Police DNA tagging in Wakefield has 'cut street drinking offences...
- 10:37 This vital service has just been given a boost
- 10:37 Theatre reviews: Cinderella, SEC, Glasgow | Jack and the Beanstalk,...
- 10:37 Music review: Paul McCartney, Hydro, Glasgow