Pilot narrowly avoids collision during take off by FLYING OVER another aircraft that crossed his path on the runway
An error made by air traffic control may have caused a near collision at Shanghai Hongqiao Airport, according to China's Civil Aviation Authority CAAC.
Two passenger planes only narrowly avoided contact when one pilot was able to accelerate his take off and fly his aircraft over the other, as it crossed his path.
A task force has now been assembled to investigate the incident on October 11.
Both aircraft involved in the near collision belong to China Eastern Airlines.
One was an Airbus A330-300 (flight MU-5106) travelling from Beijing to Shanghai while the other was an Airbus A320-200... read more
- 11:12 Mystery over sudden death of boy, 3, who went to sleep and never...
- 11:12 Dog gets jaw and tongue stuck in toy she only had for 30 minutes
- 11:12 Morley RFC welcomes new chair and president with family day
- 11:11 Eighty-two chihuahuas found at Birmingham house
- 11:11 More rare dormice released into the wild
- 11:11 VOTE: Where are the best al fresco restaurants in Lancashire?
- 11:10 Gareth Southgate would not swap Harry Kane for anyone
- 11:10 Fantastic family fun on the canal
- 11:10 Inquest adjourned following sudden death of Barrow dad, 45
- 11:09 Stop your dogs biting us, plead postmen after 2,300 attacks in...
- 11:09 REVEALED: Full list of planned roadworks in Yorkshire over the...
- 11:08 Witness appeal after theft and fraud in locations including village...
- 11:08 VOTE: Where are the best al fresco restaurants in Lancashire?
- 11:07 South Korean piano star Yeol Eum Son to stun East Neuk Festival...
- 11:07 VOTE: Where are the best al fresco restaurants in Lancashire?
- 11:07 Woman arrested for attempted murder after incident near pub
- 11:06 Arriva launching Uber for buses in Liverpool
- 11:06 'Blowtorch' UK heatwave could reach temperatures of 35C
- 11:06 How was your weekend running?
- 11:06 Hero dad saved 11-year-old boy from horrifying dog attack in park
- 11:06 Stay BBQ safe during summer heatwave
- 11:06 VOTE: Where are the best al fresco restaurants in Lancashire?
- 11:05 REVEALED: Full list of planned roadworks in Yorkshire over the...
- 11:05 Nigerian music star D'banj's son 'drowns at home'
- 11:05 VOTE: Where are the best al fresco restaurants in Lancashire?
- 11:03 Grayling says "I don't run railsways" as he distances himself from...
- 11:03 Music review: Lulu, Kelvingrove Bandstand, Glasgow
- 11:03 West Ham's ex-Burton Albion loanee wanted by Dutch Eredivise side
- 11:02 How do you turn burn into tan?
- 11:02 Firearms investigation launched after 'disorder' at junior boxing...