Pilot dies in helicopter crash tragedy as chopper plunges into North Uist loch
A pilot has died after a helicopter crashed this morning in North Uist in the Western Isles.
The 58-year-old's family have been told of the tragedy which took place in the Loch Scadavay area this morning.
A police statement said: "A 58-year-old man has died following an incident involving a helicopter this morning on North Uist. The man's next of kin have been informed.
"Police can also advise that no other people are believed to have been onboard the helicopter at the time.
"Emergency services were informed of the helicopter coming down into the water in the Loch Scadavay... read more
- 06:52 Real Madrid star Isco ‘worried’ that Gareth Bale cannot replace...
- 06:51 Sheffield mum who lost daughter aged just three days seeks to raise...
- 06:51 Two-thirds of Scots teenagers don’t want immigration to rise
- 06:51 Scottish councils spend more than £600m on temporary accommodation...
- 06:51 85 per cent of police reports on upskirting fail to make it to court
- 06:51 EU resisted rejecting Theresa May’s Brexit plans over fears for UK...
- 06:51 Shop bought by Daventry villagers all set for grand opening
- 06:47 Almost half the homes and businesses in Hartlepool without full 4G...
- 06:42 Liverpool transfer news: Ragnar Klavan set for Anfield exit as...
- 06:41 John Mann calls on the Government to make it easier for councils to...
- 06:40 Firefighting helicopter crashes on New South Wales south coast
- 06:39 Friday’s best TV: The Big Asian Stand-Up; Peng Life
- 06:39 Elderly woman rescued in Shenington
- 06:38 John Mann calls on the Government to make it easier for councils to...
- 06:38 Birmingham City boss Garry Monk reveals when we can expect Isaac...
- 06:35 Hartlepool United boss Matthew Bates believes that his side will...
- 06:33 Four children stabbed in south London with one boy being...
- 06:33 US threatens more action against Turkey unless pastor freed
- 06:31 MP slams rail fares rise as an ‘insult to long suffering passengers’
- 06:28 40 brain surgeries and a year on life support - the baby girl whose...
- 06:28 All that's left of the £250k luxury home no one ever lived in
- 06:28 'Spotters' to monitor Lincoln City fans at Grimsby Town derby match
- 06:28 Investigation launched as roof panels collapse at Grimsby academy
- 06:28 London in pictures: Your best Instagram pictures this week
- 06:28 Scuba diver who broke his spine diving goes back into water to...
- 06:27 Mark Wood gives Durham Jets huge boost as they target Blast glory
- 06:27 Motorbike loving Horden dad gets Harley-Davidson hearse send-off
- 06:27 Hospital campaign group says stalwart’s death is ‘massive loss’
- 06:27 Call for nominations in Hartlepool Civic Society awards
- 06:27 Latest convictions from Blackpool's court - Friday, August 17, 2018