Picture gallery: Thousands flock to Valley Gardens as Harrogate is transported back to the 1940s
Harrogate 1940s day Wartime nostalgia was all the rage in Harrogate Valley Gardens as thousands of people flocked to 40s Day - many of them in period costume.
This annual feelgood event usually attracts crowds up to 40,000 for a day of picnics, live music and wartime remembrance.
Organisers Harrogate International Festivals reported another huge turnout for an event which saw a flypast by a genuine Spitfire.
This year the event formally became part of Harrogate International Festivals all year programme of festivals and events.
Music on the bandstand was provided by the Harrogate Band and... read more
- 14:33 Mum who spent £15k on botched plastic surgery uses blood-sucking...
- 14:30 Fewer than one in eight rape cases result in convictions in...
- 14:30 'Don't punish the children': Hull parents' backlash over schools...
- 14:30 Thousands of Wiganers could have sex "superbug"
- 14:31 Scottish Government handed over public cash for advertising...
- 14:30 You're much more likely to die of cancer if you live in certain...
- 14:30 Police issue warning after £100k scam
- 14:30 Longridge put Palace Shield title credentials to test
- 14:31 Want to be bag free? Then visit LeftIt
- 14:31 Who was William Wallace and what was his role in the Battle of...
- 14:30 Gang steals BMW in burglary in Leeds
- 14:30 Sharp rise in gun and knife crime in Sunderland, police recorded...
- 14:30 Main stage act pulls out of Tramlines festival after posting...
- 14:30 Shocking statistics reveal robberies on the rise in Sheffield
- 14:31 Mum Selina’s warning over tragic online pain ‘games’
- 14:30 Olivia in the running to become Miss England
- 14:30 Pupils honoured at Speech Day
- 14:30 Chernobyl children get arty at Cockermouth School
- 14:31 Arsonists strike NINE times across South Yorkshire overnight
- 14:31 Man found guilty of hunting hares with a dog in Derbyshire
- 14:30 Army Cadet who saved a life in Mansfield awarded by Mayor - as four...
- 14:30 Vandals branded ‘disgrace to society’ after defacing war memorial
- 14:30 New escape rooms coming to Wellingborough soon
- 14:30 Rats climbing walls and seen 'every day' at Northampton council estate
- 14:30 Grassy field ablaze in Holmewood
- 14:31 Do dock leaves cure nettle stings? Here's what to do if you get stung
- 14:30 Drought order made to draw water from three lakes
- 14:31 Self-harming children refused access to mental health services...
- 14:30 Recreated 'lost' cottage of murdered quilter opens under £18million...
- 14:30 Social action day improves grounds around Sheffield school