Philippine president slammed for saying troops should shout female rebels in genitals
Human rights groups have condemned the Philippine president for saying troops should shoot female communist rebels in the genitals to render them "useless".
Left-wing group Karapatan said Rodrigo Duterte "has distinguished himself as a frothing-in-the-mouth fascist who incites the worst violations of international humanitarian law".
Mr Duterte's remarks "are but the latest of the series of this madman's display of tyranny, lunacy and machismo", Karapatan secretary general Cristina Palabay said.
US-based group Human Rights Watch said the remark was the latest in... read more
- 08:35 No need to panic as results day looms
- 08:33 Car fire reported in Warwick
- 08:33 GP closures in Wales force 50,000 to find new doctors
- 08:33 Holyrood committee calls for a ban on mesh implants
- 08:33 Health fear over rise in teens using protein supplements
- 08:32 Lancashire Police's warning to iTunes and Steam gift card customers...
- 08:32 Car fire reported in Warwick
- 08:31 Woman dragged into water and killed by 8ft alligator while trying...
- 08:31 Scuba diver filmed riding on the back of an endangered whale
- 08:31 Hartlepool midfielder reveals how squad will use midweek break and...
- 08:30 Investors betting against Tesla made $1.09bn since Elon Musk's tweet
- 08:30 Kerala: more than 1m people flee to relief camps to escape floods
- 08:30 Cobblers defender Buchanan declares ‘we are going to have a good...
- 08:30 Gary Neville rips into Sam Allardyce over his criticism of Arsenal...
- 08:29 Persimmon delivers 13 per cent rise in half year profits
- 08:29 Lancashire Police's warning to iTunes and Steam gift card customers...
- 08:29 Ashfield MP demands action on vast pay gulfs between top chief...
- 08:29 Council settles sex discrimination case for £25,000
- 08:29 Skegness lifeboat tows vessel with 13 passengers to safety
- 08:29 Live: M6 northbound closed in Cheshire after serious collision
- 08:29 Council to launch next phase of borough development plan
- 08:26 Mohamed Salah dive row as Liverpool beat Palace
- 08:26 Ashfield MP demands action on vast pay gulfs between top chief...
- 08:25 Crashed car tragedy helps to deliver road safety campaign in Leyland
- 08:23 David Mundell urges warring Tory factions to unite around Brexit plan
- 08:23 Nicola Sturgeon: All political leaders ‘should read fiction’
- 08:22 Bamber Bridge restaurant to make a comeback - but councillors to...
- 08:22 Lancashire Police's warning to iTunes and Steam gift card customers...
- 08:22 Persimmon delivers 13 per cent rise in half year profits
- 08:21 Doncaster a step closure to World Cup glory as organisers declare...