Petrol price levels cannot be justified says RAC
The RAC says the current petrol price is too high and cannot be justified.
The motoring organisation is urging retailers to pass on recent falls in the wholesale cost of petrol.
It says there is "no good reason" for keeping prices as high as they are and says petrol retailers should cut forecourt prices by 2p a litre.
But a fuel retailers association said wholesale price and dollar volatility had added to pressures on independent petrol stations.
The RAC says fuel prices have risen almost daily since the end of April, despite wholesale costs coming down by around 2.5p per litre... read more
- 12:13 “Disappointment” as another large shop closes in Worksop’s town centre
- 12:13 Government figures show Bassetlaw is hit by five fly-tipping...
- 12:13 'Biggest scandal of our times': Adoption UK blames austerity for...
- 12:13 Dry rot at Towneley Hall will cost thousands to repair
- 12:11 As Rod Stewart announces first Sheffield United concert since Bruce...
- 12:11 New law increases punishments for attacks on police, ambulance and...
- 12:11 Man charged in 'biggest sexual offence case in Norway's history'
- 12:11 British academic accused of spying jailed for life in UAE
- 12:11 Book review: Lost Railway Journeys From Around the World, by...
- 12:11 Book review: The End of the End of the Earth, by Jonathan Franzen
- 12:10 Peak District blanketed in snow - pictures and video
- 12:10 Pubs group gets set to offload 400 pub estate
- 12:10 New European flights from Doncaster Sheffield Airport revealed...
- 12:09 Police want to speak to this man after Bolsover burglary
- 12:09 Bombardier to cut 490 more NI jobs, say union sources
- 12:09 Ipswich McDonald's stabbing: Teenager admits charge
- 12:09 'Biggest scandal of our times': Adoption UK blames austerity for...
- 12:09 Gay rugby player Kenneth Macharia deportation notice cancelled
- 12:09 Harry Leslie Smith: Thousands send support to ill veteran
- 12:08 I'm A Celebrity ITV bosses 'forced to axe' second mystery camp mate
- 12:08 I'm A Celebrity: Holly Willoughby's a hit as viewing figures soar
- 12:08 I'm A Celebrity: Noel Edmonds spotted in Australia ahead of jungle...
- 12:09 New law increases punishments for attacks on police, ambulance and...
- 12:09 Ikea to to cut 350 UK jobs amid global transformation plans
- 12:08 Cheryl defends controversial X Factor performance
- 12:08 Brexit: UK government refused permission over challenge appeal
- 12:07 Award-winning Daisy Sadler edges closer to £25k target after picnic...
- 12:07 Government figures show Bassetlaw is hit by five fly-tipping...
- 12:06 Public backing for ambitious A629 bridge plan from Elland bypass
- 12:06 New European flights from Doncaster Sheffield Airport revealed...