Pep vows to curb the spending next season
Pep Guardiola promised yesterday that there will be no immediate repeat of this summer’s lavish spending at Manchester City.
City have spent more than £200 million on a squad revamp following last season’s underwhelming campaign.
There have been five major new signings in Ederson, Benjamin Mendy, Kyle Walker, Bernardo Silva and Danilo, and further additions have not been ruled out.
It has been another strong showing of City’s financial muscle but Guardiola insists the club have only paid market rates and such major rebuilding work is a one-off.
Guardiola said: “Hopefully next season I will... read more
- 22:16 Are Love Island's Jack and Dani about to get ENGAGED?
- 22:16 Anglers caught 20 sharks off the coast of Devon in just 24 hours
- 22:16 Meet the four new bombshells set to rock the Love Island villa
- 22:16 Man bitten by a dog as he tried to escape from police
- 22:16 British schoolgirl, 14, destined for Oxford forced into marriage...
- 21:59 Black man killed by Chicago police died of multiple gunshots,...
- 21:59 France’s Didier Deschamps: ‘There’s nothing above the World Cup’
- 21:59 Woman seriously injured in crash on Wybers Wood
- 21:48 Cassini spacecraft finds possibility of alien life, then runs out...
- 21:48 Starwatch: Mars, in opposition, is a radiant beacon
- 21:41 Bridgend County Show loose pony injures man
- 21:36 France boast seductive future with Kylian Mbappé their leading man
- 21:36 Alexis Sanchez not seen with Manchester United teammates as tour...
- 21:36 Pride at zoo as Kumali celebrates birthday
- 21:36 'Vulnerable' Belgian tourist Luc Blieck missing in London
- 21:36 Three arrested after street altercation in Boston
- 21:24 Snapped: Man Utd jet off for USA tour; Daley Blind absent, but...
- 21:14 Gary who searched for holiday ‘Vicky Pattison’ is actually married
- 21:14 Family and their dog get stranded out at sea in their car
- 21:13 Theresa May faces rebellion from Brexit hardliners in customs bill...
- 21:13 The Vamps reveal their connection to the North East at the South...
- 21:13 Watch former X Factor stars The Cutkelvins get the crowd going at...
- 21:10 Elon Musk can ‘stick his submarine where it hurts’ says hero who...
- 21:10 Fire crews blame 'carelessly discarded' barbecue for blaze at...
- 21:07 Who is America? Sacha Baron Cohen's new show aims high but goes low
- 21:06 France 4-2 Croatia: World Cup final player ratings
- 21:06 Croatia punched above their weight but could not beat fate and France
- 21:00 Arsenal news: Unai Emery could deploy surprise tactic next season
- 20:47 Delays for motorists after M57 shut due to collision
- 20:43 The question all West Brom fans want answering after Nacer Chadli's...