People who support Brexit are ‘narcissists’ who dislike foreigners, claims controversial study
Academics from an anti-Brexit university have portrayed people who voted to leave the EU as ‘narcissists’ who dislike foreigners.
The Goldsmiths College researchers suggested the 17 million people who voted Leave were motivated by xenophobia and were similar to Donald Trump supporters.
The findings were based on just 161 leave voters and 345 remain voters paid to participate in an online survey.
Scroll down for video
WHAT DID THE STUDY FIND? Researchers from Goldsmiths University, London, measured the effect of xenophobia - the belief that immigrants to the UK threaten the country - on... read more
- 01:02 Sugar: Kinder rebuked for breaking kids' advertising rules
- 01:01 Mike Regnier: How Yorkshire Building Society learned the lessons of...
- 00:59 The Yorkshire Post says: Migrants – and why they count. Policy...
- 00:59 Mark Burns-Williamson: Police need the resources to do their job
- 00:58 The weird and wonderful life of Elon Musk
- 00:58 Former foster carer and ex-teacher denies sexually assaulting two...
- 00:57 Jürgen Klopp’s Liverpool have the stamina to stick to his gameplan
- 00:55 The Yorkshire Post says: Rural life lessons. Twinning schools with...
- 00:55 The Yorkshire Post says: HS2 and its tests. High-speed line of...
- 00:54 Sudoku 4,169 medium
- 00:50 Salzburg summit: Austria leads EU's anti-migrant drive
- 00:50 'I lost my entire family to a cult': How one woman escaped Grace Road
- 00:37 Braving new heights
- 00:37 Business Profile: Fiona Toye of Toye Kenning & Spencer
- 00:37 Campaign to get Stourbridge war hero Frank Foley knighted
- 00:32 Yemen conflict: A million more children face famine, NGO warns
- 00:29 The chef using 60,000-year-old recipes
- 00:27 ICC opens Myanmar Rohingya crimes probe
- 00:26 Will we ever get self-healing smartphones?
- 00:26 The secret life of a female bodyguard
- 00:26 Lancashire's Deputy Police Commissioner revealed
- 00:25 Air pollution linked to much greater risk of dementia
- 00:24 Champions League roundup: Atlético Madrid fight back to win at Monaco
- 00:21 Tech giants unclear over stance on potential new EU climate targets
- 00:20 A third 'forgotten' mural could still be inside Hull's old Co-op...
- 00:18 Qantas mulls plane gyms as prepares for 20-hour flights
- 00:18 Millions overcharged for mobile contracts
- 00:18 'Wild West' Bitcoin 'should be regulated'
- 00:14 Lancashire's Deputy Police Commissioner revealed
- 00:10 Facebook job ads 'discriminated by gender'