Pensioner died ‘after nurse gave her Flash cleaning fluid instead of orange juice’
An elderly woman is believed to have died when a nurse accidentally gave her Flash cleaning fluid to drink rather than orange juice.
The health worker allegedly added water to a plastic jug she thought had undiluted squash in it.
According to a source, she then gave them to the 85-year-old woman who drank it because she had dementia.
Though the woman attempted to cough it up, she wasn’t able to and the liquid triggered a heart attack following the incident on September 23.
She died a week later at the Royal Sussex County Hospital, Brighton.
A whistleblower told The Sun: ‘The nurse... read more
- 13:28 Ulverston to celebrate retro cycling
- 13:26 State of Origin 2018: New South Wales down Queensland to win series
- 13:25 Birmingham’s chip shop queen Artemis Pili dies aged 100
- 13:23 Why Meghan wears shoes that are too big for her
- 13:22 Teenage jogger who accidentally crossed border from Canada to the...
- 13:22 Britain is on the brink of a halloumi shortage - and cheese lovers...
- 13:20 Ukraine Roma camp attack leaves one dead
- 13:20 Man Utd transfer news: Kylian Mbappe linked with STUNNING move...
- 13:20 Theatre company marks half a century of performances at unique open...
- 13:20 Cadet officers honoured by Queen in ceremony at Belvoir Castle
- 13:17 This is what it is like to be pulled over by police and breathalysed
- 13:16 Family devastated after WW2 veteran grandfather's ashes stolen from...
- 13:16 Majority of Scots ‘would pay more tax to help NHS’
- 13:10 Labour frontbenchers defend no show at anti-Brexit march
- 13:10 Outcry as thousands of Solihull residents await replacement bins
- 13:07 USA follow victory over Scotland with six-try beating of Canada
- 13:04 Kylian Mbappe next club odds: Man City out in front in race to sign...
- 13:00 Vets urge pet owners to protect pets as temperatures soar
- 12:59 Gareth Southgate sends message to England players ahead of...
- 12:58 Boy, six, seriously injured in horror motorbike hit-and-run at...
- 12:55 Firms shortlisted for rural awards
- 12:55 Police hunt burglar who stole £200 Nike trainers from Barrow house
- 12:54 Power fault disrupts Eurotunnel cross-Channel services
- 12:53 Forget contouring, people are using prosthetic make-up to sculpt...
- 12:53 Victoria Beckham’s camoflouge t-shirt is all the rage – here’s...
- 12:51 The Yorkshire farm shops you have to visit
- 12:50 Transfer News LIVE updates: Ronaldo to Man Utd latest, Chelsea,...
- 12:48 Skimming devices being used at Notts cash machines
- 12:47 Skimming devices being used at Notts cash machines
- 12:44 England vs Panama latest: LIVE updates from World Cup clash in...