Pensioner, 92, who fell while getting out his chair dies after 11 hour wait for medical treatment
A 92-year-old man had to wait 11 hours to see a doctor in A&E after injuring himself in a fall - including waiting SIX hours for an ambulance to arrive.
Stanley Harrison, who later died in hospital , waited for five more hours in hospital after being picked up by paramedics.
Now his family are demanding answers for why he was left waiting for so long.
Stanley,who was known to his friends as Mick, fell while he was getting up from a chair at his home in Mount Hawke, Cornwall on January 24.
An ambulance was called for OAP, who at first appeared to be OK. A doctor arrived first at about... read more
- 11:33 How to have your say on ambitious Elland bypass bridge plan
- 11:33 Labour MP says second Brexit vote could lead to social unrest
- 11:33 More teachers back call for fairer funding in Sheffield schools
- 11:31 Usain Bolt: Athletics legend issues message to critics in bid to...
- 11:29 North Yorkshire Police Commissioner calls for Government to reverse...
- 11:30 LOOKING BACK: Swimming pool plans in deep water and 130-year-old...
- 11:29 Alarm as sinkhole opens in Ripon city centre: Residents react
- 11:29 Dog bites member of public in Harrogate
- 11:29 Wallaby on the loose in Filey
- 11:25 The world’s largest plane could take to the skies within weeks
- 11:27 Alarm as sinkhole opens in Ripon city centre: Residents react
- 11:25 Nazi guard, 95, is finally deported from the US to Germany after...
- 11:27 This company is looking for professional cuddlers - for £30 an hour
- 11:27 Incredible footage will allow us to 'see and hear' First World War...
- 11:27 Dog bites member of public in Harrogate
- 11:25 Eid Mubarak images, pictures and memes to send on Eid ul Adha
- 11:26 North Yorkshire Police Commissioner calls for Government to reverse...
- 11:25 Man known as ‘Mr Elastic’ can walk backwards after falling as teen
- 11:25 Staff put through 'terrifying ordeal' as thieves smash into Market...
- 11:25 Misconduct charges against Hillsborough police chief dropped
- 11:25 Cyril steps down after 50 years service with Alnwick Town FC
- 11:23 Do not travel on West Coast main line this bank holiday weekend,...
- 11:21 Perverted tourist snared in Sunderland by paedophile hunters
- 11:21 Police place order on Sunderland home to tackle anti-social behaviour
- 11:20 Arsène Wenger to get honour from Liberia's George Weah
- 11:21 Death crash driver to be sentenced
- 11:20 Spain's 'wolf pack' sex attackers confronted at Seville pool
- 11:17 Auditors praise North Tyneside Council for budget management
- 11:17 Wallsend entrepreneur drumming up support for adults with learning...
- 11:18 OMG! The Hills is returning to MTV