Pedro Caixinha insists Rangers summer signing Carlos Pena is in top three fittest players at club
Pedro Caixinha has launched a stiff defence on the fitness of big summer signing Carlos Pena.
The Mexican midfielder was Rangers’ most expensive import in the last window, costing the club £2.6million from Chivas.
But he has made an inauspicious start to his Ibrox career, making just six appearances and scoring just two goals.
The 27-year-old started in the 2-0 defeat to Celtic at the weekend but was hooked after just 53 minutes following an ineffectual showing.
He has been described as not yet being up to speed by pundits and fans – but Caixinha is having none of it and insist the stats... read more
- 03:06 Top police commander praises witnesses who helped victim in Asda...
- 00:14 Three arrested after shots fired in Leicester city centre
- 00:15 Multiple theories of how to tackle Carnoustie reach no firm conclusion
- 03:06 Labour celebrates victory in Besses by election
- 00:15 Graffiti gang who caused £77,000 worth of damage to trains across...
- 00:14 Youths go on smashing spree in Peterlee
- 00:14 REVIEW: Poptastic Steps wow crowds at Lytham Festival
- 00:14 Pizza, popcorn - Sleights pupils’ sleepover at school raises more...
- 00:14 Victim speaks out after sex attacker jailed for 23 years
- 00:14 New low for Northants as they are beaten by Derbyshire
- 00:14 Police make second arrest in Shaun Lyall death
- 00:14 Headteacher says councillors 'must do better' after branding his...
- 00:14 RISE AND SHINE: Your morning news and travel
- 00:14 Steelbacks set to make more changes for Bears battle