Peckham double shooting leaves one man critically hurt
Two men are in hospital, one in a critical condition, following a double shooting in south-east London.
The pair, aged in their 20s, were taken to hospital after they were found wounded in Wodehouse Avenue, Peckham, at 20:00 BST on Saturday.
Images taken at the scene showed a blue Ford car with a broken window surrounded by armed police.
Scotland Yard said the Trident and Area Crime Command had been informed and enquiries continue.
No arrests have been made but officers were granted a section 60 order giving them additional stop-and-search powers in the area until 07:00.
The Air Ambulance... read more
- 01:41 British tourist killed in hit-and-run in Cyprus
- 01:39 Revenues top £20m for law firm Morton Fraser
- 01:39 Fife firm making a splash with lobster pod storage system
- 01:35 UK singles chart to include videos watched on YouTube
- 01:33 Greenwich observatory: Astronomers to start studying the sky again
- 01:28 Clive Betts: Now is the time to allow ‘safe standing’ in football...
- 01:26 Sunderland schoolgirl takes part in rare sea baptism in South Shields
- 01:26 Hundreds turn out to mark Armed Forces Day in South Shields
- 01:23 Mexico town's entire police force detained after murder
- 01:23 Clive Betts: Now is the time to allow ‘safe standing’ in football...
- 01:20 Is Kirklees a dinosaur?
- 01:20 $esc.html($content.name)
- 01:12 Surprise as DNA reveals new group of Native Americans: the ancient...
- 01:05 Clive Betts: Now is the time to allow ‘safe standing’ in football...
- 01:01 Clashes in Nigeria between farmers and herders kill 86
- 01:00 Baroness Sugg: Heathrow expansion will benefit all of UK
- 01:00 Jayne Dowle: Time to ban mobile phones from the classroom
- 00:54 The Yorkshire Post says: Back into battle. Treatment of military...
- 00:54 The Yorkshire Post says: Yorkshire’s future. Dan Jarvis leading...
- 00:54 Peter Gordon's panna cotta with balsamic blackberries recipe
- 00:54 The Yorkshire Post says: A new deal for rural Britain? Don’t write...
- 00:53 MPs gear up for crunch Heathrow vote without Boris Johnson
- 00:52 Train passengers stranded in Glasgow for nearly two hours due to...
- 00:52 Thousands descend on Edinburgh for Cancer Research Race For Life
- 00:47 Sir Philip Green came close to acquiring M&S in 2004, book claims
- 00:47 Little green bag: Morrisons turns to paper in war on plastic
- 00:47 Single first-time buyer in London needs 17 years to find 15%...
- 00:47 Ofgem appoints economist Martin Cave as chairman
- 00:42 Barrow model train club offer free days to local disability groups
- 00:38 Mental health services for the young is NHS's 'silent catastrophe'