Payouts for Catholic Church child sex abuse victims approved by French bishops
Victims of sexual abuse within the Catholic Church are set to be financially compensated under plans passed by French bishops today.
The money is indented to help those who were violated as children, who now struggle to stay afloat in their professional and family lives.
President of the Conference of French Bishops and archbishop of Reims Eric de Moulins-Beaufort said the payments recognise the ‘silence, negligence, indifference, lack of reaction or bad decisions or dysfunction within the Church.’
The fund was green-lighted by 120 bishops at their biannual assembly in the southwestern town... read more
- 14:20 HMV opens up its Bury store to unsigned acts
- 14:20 Police hunting wanted man with links to Whitefield, Bury
- 13:19 Stratford Herald to host General Election hustings
- 12:57 Libraries in Lichfield and Burntwood to get upgraded computers
- 12:42 Lichfield Garrick lifts the lid on new season of shows
- 12:42 Global interest as items from former Abbots Bromley School are...
- 12:24 What is National Insurance and why are the Tories pledging to cut it?
- 12:07 M60 crash survivor reunited with firefighter rescuer by chance
- 12:02 Radcliffe Moriscos morris troupe win big at TMDA Championship
- 12:02 Bury Council meeting cancelled because of general election
- 11:38 Brexit Party campaigner being 'barred from store' results in...
- 10:39 Ricky Tomlinson and Ralf Little visit Bury Market to film new series
- 10:39 Concerns raised about bookings at The One
- 09:59 Burntwood groups boosted by donations from business
- 09:41 General election 2019 latest: Labour’s radical ‘manifesto of hope’
- 08:53 Man charged after young girl sexually assaulted in Radcliffe
- 08:38 Long delays after four-vehicle crash on M60 at Worsley
- 05:59 Bury Hospice – behind the scenes: Operations and outreach
- 05:59 Firm goes extra mile to help Bury Hospice
- 05:59 Old Hall Primary School is home to a beehive
- 05:59 Bury Council reserves will be spent on senior staff salaries
- 05:59 Crash victim reunited with saviour by chance
- 05:59 Bury's most wanted — November 21, 2019