Pay and display car park bid at tourist hotspot sparks anger
Plans to build a council pay and display car park in a tourist hotspot has caused anger.
Anglesey Council want to set up a 21 space facility at Ffordd Llechi in Rhosneigr, which the authority says will help alieviate parking problems in the village during the holiday season.
But some villagers are even questioning whether the development is needed at all with 10 sending in formal letters of objection.
Jonathan Thompson, whose family has lived at Ffordd Llechi since the 1960s, is opposed to creation of a car park.
He said if it gets the go ahead it will mean loss of “green land” where... read more
- 16:02 What Grimsby people think should happen if no deal is reached on...
- 16:02 Road closures confirmed as major repairs get underway for six weeks...
- 16:02 Real ale lovers say cheers as third beer festival announced for...
- 16:02 Olympian Colin Jackson helped a Gainsborough leisure centre open...
- 16:02 Hour-by-hour Lincolnshire forecast as Storm Ali is set to batter UK...
- 16:01 Northants County Council makes cuts to road safety budget
- 16:00 Yorkshire Ripper Peter Sutcliffe taken to hospital – reports
- 16:00 Jeremy Hunt becomes first UK minister to speak Japanese in Japan
- 16:00 Frazzled workers mock old government tweet praising 90-minute commutes
- 16:00 Successful season for Banbury flyball club
- 15:59 Wet weather sets back reopening of Lancaster’s Greyhound Bridge
- 15:58 FIFA 19 ratings: Real Madrid, PSG, Tottenham men among top...
- 15:58 Liverpool WILL beat PSG in Champions League clash, here’s why...
- 15:57 Clumber Park’s Festival of Food and Drink was ‘a great success’
- 15:57 Northants County Council makes cuts to road safety budget
- 15:57 Water chiefs must explain pipe bursts
- 15:55 Ryder Cup 2018 dates, tee times, Europe and USA teams, TV channel...
- 15:54 Man bitten on the nose in attack in Hull's Comedy Lounge
- 15:54 Ferrari pre-sells entire new supercar model despite £1m+ price tag
- 15:52 Firefighters rescue Chapelfield Primary School pupil after leg...
- 15:52 Hour-by-hour Nottinghamshire forecast as Storm Ali is set to batter...
- 15:50 School ‘tried to abort baby of girl who was raped by four...
- 15:50 Man ‘took dementia-stricken wife to fair in dog leash and yanked it...
- 15:50 Terminally-ill mum told tragic death of newborn baby is her fault
- 15:49 Calls for council to show proposed market plans
- 15:47 Wigton woman who stabbed teen lover in bed has jail term cut
- 15:46 HS2 boss defends gravy train accusations over six figure salaries
- 15:43 Westminster inquest: Attacker's car 'lethal as a knife or gun'
- 15:42 No fresh meat: how to eat vegan on a student budget
- 15:41 The clever McDonald’s trick to getting a huge breakfast McMuffin in...