PAUL MERSON COLUMN: Man Utd vs Liverpool preview, Tottenham must act, Hart for World Cup
They must have thought they were getting the missing piece of the puzzle, a player who could bridge the gap to neighbours City.
After all, City boss Pep Guardiola wanted him too and United presented it as a big coup when they won the race to sign him.
But it hasn’t worked out that way.
I’ve always said I wasn’t his biggest fan. He works his socks off but gives the ball away more than any other player.
I think at Arsenal he could do whatever he wanted and he shone because he had Mesut Ozil to play quick little one-twos with The shape and style of play at Old Trafford doesn’t suit him and... read more
- 00:43 Feeling hungry? Try out latest recipe from the Magpie Cafe
- 00:31 Wolf Alice: 'Our album is like hummus'
- 00:31 Women 'half as likely' as men to start a business
- 00:29 WATCH: Alex Neil's full press conference ahead of Preston North...
- 00:25 A&E appointments system proposed in NHS targets shakeup
- 00:25 Labour's annual conference to focus on austerity and Brexit
- 00:25 Jeremy Corbyn's spending plan for public services backed by majority
- 00:23 Amazon Echo Dot (2018) hands on review: the perfect Echo entry point
- 00:20 US steps up fight against slave labor 'to safeguard American jobs'
- 00:20 UK's nuclear deterrent infrastructure 'not fit for purpose', say MPs
- 00:18 Westminster terrorist Khalid Masood's widow weeps as she admits she...
- 00:11 UK universities 'still inflate their statuses despite crackdown'
- 00:10 India killing: 'My father ordered my husband's murder'
- 00:10 Brett Kavanaugh accuser offers to testify to Senate
- 00:08 Sudoku 4,171 hard
- 00:03 Suge Knight trial: Rap mogul pleads no contest over hit-and-run death
- 00:02 Canada accuses Myanmar of genocide against Rohingya
- 23:58 Man charged with murder after body found in wooded area near...
- 23:48 Whitsundays shark attacks: drum lines to be set as two tourists...
- 23:43 Mexico's president-elect grounded on commercial plane for hours
- 23:25 Mercury Prize 2018: Wolf Alice win for Visions of a Life
- 23:21 Danger to life warning issued as Storm Bronagh set to bring winds...
- 23:17 Unai Emery told to ditch Matteo Guendouzi for Lucas Torreira...
- 23:08 River search for missing Worcester university student
- 23:06 Pheasant shooting to be banned on public land in Wales
- 23:03 Tiger Woods fires a five-under 65 to share East Lake lead with...
- 22:57 Mercury prize 2018: Wolf Alice win for Visions of a Life
- 22:56 Deadly Spanish flu that killed 50 million could return, doctors say
- 22:52 Wells Fargo to reduce workforce by up to 10%
- 22:47 Prison worker arrested after drugs found destined for HMP Liverpool