Parents starved boy, 6, to death while they ate steak
A six year-old boy was deliberately starved to death by his father and stepmother while they fed themselves steak dinners.
Michael Roberts and Georgena Roberts were sentenced to a total of 45 years jail Wednesday for withholding food from their son Liam as punishment for misbehavior.
Their cruelty ended when the youngster died of malnourishment in November 2017.
Liam, who lived in Jerseyville, Illinois, died weighing just 17 pounds – just over a third of the 45-pound weight the Centers for Disease Control says is healthy for a six year-old boy.
After the sentencing, Jerseyville Police... read more
- 01:41 North Korea must take 'meaningful' steps to earn sanctions relief,...
- 01:30 Tim Morris: Getting freight moving – don’t let the M62 grind the...
- 01:30 The Yorkshire Post says: Action stations – getting the North back...
- 01:28 The Yorkshire Post says: Stopping the rot – high time for high...
- 01:28 The Yorkshire Post says: The rise of the Independents – give this...
- 01:22 Auckland threatens to eject Lime scooters after wheels lock at high...
- 01:21 Jeremy Corbyn calls on eight Labour defectors to quit as MPs
- 01:15 Alex Sobel: Why it is now vital that we extend Article 50 over Brexit
- 01:15 Jayne Dowle: The Independent rebels with a cause must look to...
- 01:15 Tim Morris: Getting freight moving – don’t let the M62 grind the...
- 01:15 The Yorkshire Post says: Action stations – getting the North back...
- 01:09 On the grid for new kart season
- 00:54 Lincolnshire councils have spent THOUSANDS of pounds hosting awards...
- 00:49 Council leaders warned against imposing car park tax levy ahead of...
- 00:48 Teacher targeted over LGBT work shortlisted for $1m global award
- 00:36 Cost of care for asylum-seeking children ‘doubles in four years’
- 00:36 Culture secretary to meet Mark Zuckerberg in US after snub to MPs
- 00:35 Olives pitting US against EU in global trade fight
- 00:27 City centres 'could become ghost towns'
- 00:26 Sign up for junior golf sessions in Alford
- 00:26 Bowls A team enjoy Horncastle win
- 00:24 India Catholic Cardinal Oswald Gracias ‘failed abuse victims’
- 00:22 High streets will become 'ghost towns' without urgent tax reforms,...
- 00:21 Fresh concerns over Whirlpool's 'fire-risk' tumble dryer repairs
- 00:21 David Mundell claims Brexit will enhance devolution
- 00:21 Musicians voice concern over Ryan Adams' abuse allegations
- 00:17 LGBT-row teacher in top 10 award
- 00:17 Warning over cost of caring for young asylum seekers
- 00:11 Cristiano Ronaldo angrily taunts Atletico Madrid AGAIN after...
- 00:06 Sudoku 4,301 hard