Panic, chronic anxiety and burnout: doctors at breaking point
All of us become patients, sooner or later, and there is no shortage of literature about our experience of the medical profession. Our health problems have produced numerous bestsellers, many of them written by the doctors who treat us. But until now I had read little – and must confess, thought even less – about who is taking care of them.
Doctors are more prone to mental health problems, it turns out, than any other profession. Their working conditions are more stressful and punishing than anything the rest of us have to deal with in a day at the office. When a junior doctor walked into... read more
- 08:28 China appeals for free trade amid tariff battle with Trump –...
- 08:27 The Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show is returning to New York after...
- 08:26 Where to watch Champions League highlights on TV and online
- 08:26 A 10-step guide to improving boxing
- 08:26 Detectives have 'genuine concerns for welfare' of man missing from...
- 08:26 Shops caught selling knives to children in Rotherham
- 08:25 Warning issued to motorists as Storm Ali set to sweep into the region
- 08:23 Warning issued to motorists as Storm Ali set to sweep into the region
- 08:22 Captain Marvel trailer, starring Brie Larson, set to drop today
- 08:22 Family threatened by masked men who burst into their home
- 08:22 Nuneaton market cancelled due to high winds threat
- 08:22 Coventry traffic news live: Walsgrave Road closed due to "incident"
- 08:22 Storm Ali set to sweep Britain with 80mph gales as ‘danger to life’...
- 08:22 Celtic team news: Expected Hoops XI for Rosenborg showdown, Rodgers...
- 08:22 Casualty released after crash between car and van near Melton
- 08:22 Tesco to launch new chain of discount stores called Jack’s to...
- 08:22 Shops caught selling knives to children in Rotherham
- 08:22 Blackpool family call on Foreign Office to help Charles
- 08:22 Congregation slump signals North Shore church’s axe
- 08:21 Joint effort on adoption for five North-East councils
- 08:21 Drivers warned to take extra care as Storm Ali hits the North East
- 08:20 Lionel Messi overtakes Cristiano Ronaldo’s phenomenal Champions...
- 08:19 Suzuki makes a Swift first impression
- 08:19 Drivers warned to take extra care as Storm Ali hits the North East
- 08:18 Tesco to launch new chain of discount stores called Jack’s to...
- 08:17 Detectives have 'genuine concerns for welfare' of man missing from...
- 08:17 Danez Smith: US poet is youngest ever Forward Prize winner
- 08:17 Bamber Bridge 2, Mossley 1
- 08:16 Valium: What is it used for and why are people buying it on...
- 08:16 Storm Ali set to miss Merseyside but Met Office warns of bad news...