Overwhelming majority of Australians believe federal politicians are corrupt
Anti-corruption researchers say the “the time is now” to create a strong and independent federal integrity body, after new research showed most Australians believe federal politicians are corrupt.
Researchers with Griffith University and Transparency International this week released the latest global corruption barometer, an annual survey measuring trust in governments of all levels.
About 85% of respondents said they believed some, most or all of the federal members of parliament were corrupt, a nine percentage point increase from the previous year.
Trust in all levels of government was... read more
- 17:08 Santa's grotto to launch at St George's Shopping Centre in Preston
- 17:07 Buckingham holds moving Remembrance Day events
- 17:06 Calling North Kirklees business owners! We want to tell your story!
- 17:04 BINNED: Kingdom litter squad are KICKED OUT of Liverpool for good
- 17:04 Ex-UBS trader Kweku Adoboli being deported
- 17:03 Attempted child abductions: Police speaking to three men
- 17:03 STRICTLY IN BLACKPOOL: Iconic show heads to the Pleasure Beach
- 17:02 Men ‘doused supermarket in petrol before setting it alight in...
- 17:02 WhatsApp’s next update could change the way you ask people out on...
- 17:02 Lisa takes Nepal cycle challenge
- 17:01 Man Utd news: Gary Neville slams £50m signing: ‘Does he change a...
- 17:01 Skegness butchers are a ‘cut above’ the rest after winning UK...
- 16:58 How to flip a coin if you don't have a coin
- 16:56 Liverpool news: Virgil van Dijk makes transfer promise amid...
- 16:55 Critically acclaimed MGMT prepare to play Leeds show
- 16:56 Rail strike - here is how and when you can travel this weekend
- 16:55 Liversedge suffer County Cup exit
- 16:55 Calling North Kirklees business owners! We want to tell your story!
- 16:55 North Somercotes pupil bags limited edition diamond Blue Peter Badge
- 16:55 Starter pack charity for disadvantaged mums and babies...
- 16:55 Tony Blair condemns ‘pointless Brexit in name only – the worst of...
- 16:54 Taskforce warns of risk to children from 'county lines' gangs
- 16:54 Claudio Ranieri fastens in for Premier League homecoming at Fulham
- 16:54 European Tour’s chief executive remains bullish as headaches mount
- 16:54 Accounts clerk caught drink driving
- 16:53 Dad's burger van destroyed hours after text accuses partner of...
- 16:53 Rail strike - here is how and when you can travel this weekend
- 16:52 Calling North Kirklees business owners! We want to tell your story!
- 16:52 Accounts clerk caught drink driving
- 16:52 'The worst we've seen since 2010' - why lawns and parks around...