'Our customers deserve better': Apple forced to issue embarrassing apology after massive Mac security flaw found
Apple has pledged to review its software development process a day after a researcher discovered a bug in a new version of its Mac operating system that could give hackers total control of vulnerable machines.
Apple said it released a patch to fix the bug on Wednesday morning and it would be automatically installed on vulnerable machines later in the day.
'We greatly regret this error and we apologize to all Mac users,' Apple said in a statement.
HOW TO FIX IT In order to install the latest update, open the Mac App Store and click on the 'Updates' tab.
In a release note attached to the... read more
- 10:03 Amazon's first checkout-free grocery store opens on Monday
- 10:04 New five-year plan recognises need for market improvements
- 10:03 Liverpool chiefs expected to fly for talks with Besiktas over £27m...
- 10:03 DVLA urgently tells motorists to retake eye tests amid concerns...
- 10:03 Hammerson sells Fife retail park as part of £164m disposal
- 10:04 LIVE: All the latest news from the Premier League
- 10:03 Sheep dog rescued after becoming trapped for two days
- 10:03 Brochure from 1980 gives fascinating insight into history of...
- 10:04 Boris Johnson blames Sadiq Khan for London knife crime 'scandal'
- 10:03 Thousands of days lost to bed blocking at the Sheffield Teaching...
- 10:03 Why 25 pubs a week are closing and many will never re-open
- 10:05 Rave reviews for Ribble Valley author's first fictional novel
- 10:03 Gossip: Chelsea wait for Manchester United’s response to Barcelona...
- 10:03 Worthy Melton borough causes share cash from Great Rempstone Steam...
- 10:04 Historic North of Tyne devolution deal reaches its final stage
- 10:03 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after Fleetwood death
- 10:03 No deal Brexit fears overblown, says JD Wetherspoon boss
- 10:04 Extent of PFI repayments revealed
- 10:04 In pictures: Rocester v Chasetown FC
- 10:04 Google Translate is spitting out weird doomsday messages saying the...
- 10:04 Islamic State 'Beatles' duo: UK 'will not block death penalty'
- 10:03 Man Utd news: Jose Mourinho draws up shock plan amid talks for...
- 10:03 Volunteers desperately wanted to save factory hens from slaughter -...
- 10:04 New giant LED screen at Ricoh Arena 'one of largest in UK sport'
- 10:03 Investors favour global outlook as a result of Brexit
- 10:04 Firefighters free woman trapped after crash in Wakefield
- 10:03 Blackpool’s ‘Minor Ailment Scheme’ worry for children after fresh...
- 10:03 Work starts on £160m designer outlet just over an hour from Leicester
- 10:03 Universal Credit claimants struggling to navigate system, finds study
- 10:04 Polar opposites: holidays in the Arctic and the Antarctic