Orange Order in legal threat over risk to parades
The Orange Order could launch a legal challenge on human rights grounds if there is a failure to reach an agreement on the holding of marches and parades.
The future of a number of public events is currently under threat after Police Scotland obtained legal advice last year confirming its officers lack the power to hold up or divert traffic without a court order. It means local authorities will be required to apply for Temporary Traffic Regulation Orders (TTROs), with the cost likely to be passed on to the organisers of events such as parades and political demonstrations.
In an update... read more
- 14:33 Mum who spent £15k on botched plastic surgery uses blood-sucking...
- 14:30 Fewer than one in eight rape cases result in convictions in...
- 14:30 'Don't punish the children': Hull parents' backlash over schools...
- 14:30 Thousands of Wiganers could have sex "superbug"
- 14:31 Scottish Government handed over public cash for advertising...
- 14:30 You're much more likely to die of cancer if you live in certain...
- 14:30 Police issue warning after £100k scam
- 14:30 Longridge put Palace Shield title credentials to test
- 14:31 Want to be bag free? Then visit LeftIt
- 14:31 Who was William Wallace and what was his role in the Battle of...
- 14:30 Gang steals BMW in burglary in Leeds
- 14:30 Sharp rise in gun and knife crime in Sunderland, police recorded...
- 14:30 Main stage act pulls out of Tramlines festival after posting...
- 14:30 Shocking statistics reveal robberies on the rise in Sheffield
- 14:31 Mum Selina’s warning over tragic online pain ‘games’
- 14:30 Olivia in the running to become Miss England
- 14:30 Pupils honoured at Speech Day
- 14:30 Chernobyl children get arty at Cockermouth School
- 14:31 Arsonists strike NINE times across South Yorkshire overnight
- 14:31 Man found guilty of hunting hares with a dog in Derbyshire
- 14:30 Army Cadet who saved a life in Mansfield awarded by Mayor - as four...
- 14:30 Vandals branded ‘disgrace to society’ after defacing war memorial
- 14:30 New escape rooms coming to Wellingborough soon
- 14:30 Rats climbing walls and seen 'every day' at Northampton council estate
- 14:30 Grassy field ablaze in Holmewood
- 14:31 Do dock leaves cure nettle stings? Here's what to do if you get stung
- 14:30 Drought order made to draw water from three lakes
- 14:31 Self-harming children refused access to mental health services...
- 14:30 Recreated 'lost' cottage of murdered quilter opens under £18million...
- 14:30 Social action day improves grounds around Sheffield school