Opposition rises against Saudi Aramco's £1.5trillion float over concerns to relax listing rules for state-owned companies
Opposition to Saudi Aramco’s mooted £1.5 trillion London stock market float is growing after fresh concerns from the City emerged last night.
The results of a survey of 400 financial professionals – seen by The Mail on Sunday – revealed a surprise majority is against proposals to relax listing rules for state-owned companies like Aramco.
The Saudi Arabian oil giant is planning to float 5 per cent of its shares and the Financial Conduct Authority is mulling whether to push ahead with the changes.
However, 33 per cent of those questioned by the Chartered Institute for Securities &... read more
- 10:37 Bumps on woman’s face turned out to be a parasitic worm living...
- 10:37 Fishing the electric way
- 10:34 RNLI assist yacht off the Northumberland coast
- 10:30 Rufus Wainwright: ‘I like sugar a lot; I can swig maple syrup from...
- 10:30 Drawn from life: why have novelists stopped making things up?
- 10:30 David Lynch: ‘You gotta be selfish. It's a terrible thing’
- 10:30 ‘Unscrupulous’ recruits adding to hospital woe
- 10:30 Game of Thrones stars Kit Harington and Rose Leslie set to wed in...
- 10:29 Hoole travel agents opened by top TV personality
- 10:29 West Cheshire serving personnel offered discounts during Armed...
- 10:28 Wigan priest in court on sex rap
- 10:27 Joseph Barker Wilson
- 10:27 Gordon Firth, artist and headteacher
- 10:27 Mister Finch and his magical exhibition
- 10:25 Railway line trespassers cause delays for passengers in and out of...
- 10:23 Schools still waiting for mental health services to start
- 10:22 Rotarians grand tour to end polio
- 10:21 Railway line trespassers cause delays for passengers in and out of...
- 10:21 'I love this kid - he is an absolute diamond' - Birmingham City...
- 10:18 Rapist jailed after subjecting vulnerable woman to months of abuse
- 10:17 England team news: Predicted England line up vs Panama – Alli and...
- 10:17 Why do most Icelandic names end in ‘son’? It’s actually just the...
- 10:17 Liverpool send class message to Jose Enrique after former defender...
- 10:16 Family attacked by knife wielding children keep 'having flashbacks'
- 10:15 Liverpool transfer news: Mario Gotze issues come and get me plea to...
- 10:14 TV’s best pop spoofs: from Paper Boi to Peeno Noir
- 10:13 Spud-bashing was order of day for these Tigers during Phoney War
- 10:11 Councillors pledge to help stop abuse of older people
- 10:11 Special event celebrates three decades of care at South Tyneside...
- 10:11 Whitburn bike ride brings in cash for cancer patient ambulance appeal