Only two areas in the UK remain unaffected by ‘Aussie flu’
Only two areas in the UK are now free of the Australian flu virus after a surge in cases over the weekend.
Dorchester in Dorset and the City of London are now the only two areas in the UK that the virus has not been reported, according to the online map, flusurvey.org.uk.
But the map relies on self-reported data from patients – which means the true figure could be even higher.
Churches in Northern Ireland have even banned the ‘sign of peace’ handshakes in an effort to curb the risk of infection which has caused one death in the Republic of Ireland.
Over the weekend the Brecon Beacans and... read more
- 16:35 Ryanair investors 'may lose voting rights'
- 16:34 Storm Ali LIVE: Latest Metro, trains and traffic news and how your...
- 16:34 Winds of more than 90mph cause fear across UK as Storm Ali kills two
- 16:34 Thug dragged woman hiding under car home and repeatedly raped her...
- 16:33 Sneaton Castle for sale for first time since 1915
- 16:33 Council officials issue advice over firm claiming Hartlepool...
- 16:33 Andrew Gwynne visits Hull - this is what he said about Hull council...
- 16:32 Fallen trees blocking roads in Kenilworth, Warwick and Princethorpe
- 16:31 Chelsea ace Ethan Ampadu sends message to Maurizio Sarri after...
- 16:31 Thornhill denied as Oulton drop goal snatches victory
- 16:31 Focusing on festival exhibits
- 16:31 Doncaster Council promise system overhaul after they ‘failed’...
- 16:31 Freedom of the borough nomination for former Doncaster council...
- 16:31 ‘The Milligan Papers’ is coming to Louth Riverhead Theatre
- 16:31 Two people arrested after door-to-door sales in Louth and Coningsby
- 16:31 Clumber Park closes early as Storm Ali hits
- 16:29 Elderly woman suffers minor injuries after fall 'caused by wind'
- 16:28 Lancaster film-maker’s martial arts zombie movie makes big screen...
- 16:28 Skegness Hospital: Work to begin on £190,000 project to improve...
- 16:28 Storm Ali brings down Derbyshire trees and blocks roads
- 16:27 Bouncy castle tester wanted for world's largest inflatable obstacle...
- 16:27 French magazine loses appeal over Duchess of Cambridge topless photos
- 16:26 Fallen trees blocking roads in Kenilworth, Warwick and Princethorpe
- 16:26 Barnsley teen injured in Smiler crash sues Alton Tower’s owners
- 16:26 Kirkby teen on stab charge faces trial
- 16:26 Storm Ali: This is when heavy rain is set to hit Nottinghamshire
- 16:23 Lampard backs young Derby County duo for England selection
- 16:21 Arsenal ace Stephan Lichtsteiner sends message to Unai Emery, makes...
- 16:20 French scoops player of year after Sharks edged out in final game...
- 16:19 Travelling circus closed after performer dies in ‘tragic...