One in four domestic abuse victims in Lancashire are men
Nearly one in four people who report domestic abuse in Lancashire are men, new figures show.
Domestic abuse charity the ManKind Initiative described the numbers as “shocking but welcome”, saying they show that men feel increasingly able to come forward and report abuse.
A freedom of information request submitted by the charity showed that 2,289 men reported being a victim of domestic abuse to Lancashire Constabulary in 2017.
In total, 13,220 domestic abuse cases were reported to police, with men the victims in 23 per cent of those in which gender was recorded. No gender data was provided... read more
- 19:09 Council puts two Green Awards up for grabs
- 19:07 Brilliant moment Hull FC players surprise children in hospital ward...
- 19:07 Russian propagandists targeted African Americans to influence 2016...
- 19:05 Farout: astronomers identify most distant known object in solar system
- 19:04 Young parents-to-be 'livid' after mix up ruins gender reveal party
- 19:04 MPs’ Christmas break could be cancelled until Brexit vote is complete
- 19:03 Chelsea news: Maurizio Sarri sent transfer advice amid Alvaro...
- 18:59 Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn tables vote of no confidence in PM...
- 18:56 Kind couple adopt seven siblings who spent years in foster care
- 18:56 Live as police at 'catastrophic' M62 crash by North Cave
- 18:56 America's Got Talent star Courtney Hadwin signs record deal
- 18:56 What do people think of Liverpool's Christmas Markets?
- 18:56 Theresa May denies David Cameron giving her Brexit advice
- 18:56 Brexit: What the no-confidence motion in Theresa May means
- 18:53 Ilkeston Town owner Alan Hardy fails in bid to have driving ban...
- 18:51 This is why David Davis is against holding a second Brexit referendum
- 18:48 Rumour Mill: 25-year-old ‘open to Rangers exit’ | Old Firm battle...
- 18:47 Chelsea and Arsenal boosted in Anthony Martial race as agent is...
- 18:45 Thug fractures man's skull with one punch in vicious attack outside...
- 18:42 Woman attacked during knife-point robbery at Leeds shop
- 18:42 Man's jaw broken in attack outside Leeds bar: CCTV images released
- 18:40 Eden Hazard doubtful for Chelsea’s Carabao Cup quarter-final clash...
- 18:40 If US Senate can back peace in Yemen, it can support it in Korea too
- 18:40 Man Utd news: Sir Alex Ferguson reaction to Liverpool thrashing...
- 18:39 DERBY COUNTY v NOTTINGHAM FOREST LIVE: All the action as it happens...
- 18:37 Uganda, Rwanda, gorillas and their human neighbours, Scotland on...
- 18:36 Windrush hardship fund to offer sums of up to £5,000 to victims
- 18:36 Family fear Christmas will be ruined as rain 'pouring' through...
- 18:36 Woman attacked during knife-point robbery at Leeds shop
- 18:34 Lions aid Santa in village tours