One in four domestic abuse victims in Lancashire are men
Nearly one in four people who report domestic abuse in Lancashire are men, new figures show.
Domestic abuse charity the ManKind Initiative described the numbers as “shocking but welcome”, saying they show that men feel increasingly able to come forward and report abuse.
A freedom of information request submitted by the charity showed that 2,289 men reported being a victim of domestic abuse to Lancashire Constabulary in 2017.
In total, 13,220 domestic abuse cases were reported to police, with men the victims in 23 per cent of those in which gender was recorded. No gender data was provided... read more
- 13:07 Kenilworth outdoor pool campaigners say council needs to 'think...
- 13:07 IN PICTURES: The Royal Regiment of Fusiliers march through Warwick
- 13:06 This is how George Eliot Hospital is planning for winter
- 13:06 The quickest Royal babies after weddings revealed after Prince...
- 13:06 Have you got Leicestershire's cutest cat or dog? Enter our Prize...
- 13:05 Fire chief takes on Cheviots challenge
- 13:05 Where to pick up a pumpkin in Derbyshire this Halloween
- 13:04 Rotarians raise cash to help Indonesian victims
- 13:03 Kettering and Corby shops caught selling knives to under-18s
- 13:00 Nemanja Matic an injury doubt for Manchester United’s trip to Chelsea
- 13:00 Where to pick up a pumpkin in Derbyshire this Halloween
- 12:59 Budding actors take to the stage in society’s first youth production
- 12:59 E-fit released of two men following burglary at house in Cleethorpes
- 12:59 Three dead after car towing caravan crashes while driving wrong way...
- 12:59 Where to pick up a pumpkin in Derbyshire this Halloween
- 12:57 £17million pub industry in Hartlepool facing beer tax hit
- 12:56 More than 500 businesses slapped with food hygiene warnings in...
- 12:56 Kettering and Corby shops caught selling knives to under-18s
- 12:56 We've all be grating cheese wrong, but here's how to do it properly
- 12:56 Three dead after car towing caravan crashes while driving wrong way...
- 12:56 Rotarians raise cash to help Indonesian victims
- 12:55 Drugs and cash seized as police make arrest over gunmen on...
- 12:54 Dark web paedophile Matthew Falder's sentence reduced
- 12:54 Russell Bishop 'murdered two Brighton schoolgirls in 1986'
- 12:54 Where to pick up a pumpkin in Derbyshire this Halloween
- 12:54 Sexual objectification of men could become a hate crime
- 12:54 Tommy Ward must play waiting game with next fight date and opponent...
- 12:54 Disrespectful vandal decapitates First World War memorials in Ashfield
- 12:53 Woman, 92, in critical condition in hospital after being struck...
- 12:53 Arts ahead: October 16 2018