One in four domestic abuse victims in Lancashire are men
Nearly one in four people who report domestic abuse in Lancashire are men, new figures show.
Domestic abuse charity the ManKind Initiative described the numbers as “shocking but welcome”, saying they show that men feel increasingly able to come forward and report abuse.
A freedom of information request submitted by the charity showed that 2,289 men reported being a victim of domestic abuse to Lancashire Constabulary in 2017.
In total, 13,220 domestic abuse cases were reported to police, with men the victims in 23 per cent of those in which gender was recorded. No gender data was provided... read more
- 09:54 Doncaster girl missing from home for five days
- 09:54 Warwick dad hopes sharing his experiences will inspire others to adopt
- 09:54 Netflix set for big price change - and it's good news for millions
- 09:54 Housebuilder launches latest phase of new homes at Lichfield...
- 09:53 Hospitals struggling to cope with prostate cancer referrals
- 09:53 Burnley teen lost job after drink-driving charge
- 09:53 Warwick dad hopes sharing his experiences will inspire others to adopt
- 09:53 Family behind 4 Paws face catalogue of shocking animal cruelty...
- 09:53 Ex-Chipping Norton police worker convicted of making indecent...
- 09:52 Treasured Wetherby store to close ending four generations
- 09:52 Daisy Pulls It Off at Blockley Amateur Dramatic Company
- 09:51 Win a pair of VIP tickets to the Pride of Britain Awards 2018 -...
- 09:51 The bizarre reason Meghan Markle and Prince Harry won't legally...
- 09:50 Wayne Rooney picks out one thing everyone gets wrong about...
- 09:49 PlayStation usernames: The stories behind the most embarrassing ones
- 09:47 Growth centre to bring 230 jobs and £20m boost to Harborough
- 09:45 Lakeside and Metrocentre owner boosted by £2.9bn bid
- 09:44 More than 40,000 attacks on public sector staff for third year...
- 09:43 Blessed Trinity's magical Hogwarts-themed open evening
- 09:43 Car bursts into flames
- 09:42 Fire breaks out in building on Sulgrave Road in New Humberstone
- 09:42 Jury reaches verdict over missing mum killed by police van sent to...
- 09:42 Sheffield sex attacker still on the streets
- 09:42 Man admits entering Wigan McDonald's with knife and meat cleaver
- 09:41 Police appeal after 7-year-old girl hit by motorbike in Scarborough
- 09:40 Dundee have changed their criteria for hiring managers, says John...
- 09:40 Netflix could cut prices with new low-cost subscription plan
- 09:39 Sheffield sex attacker still on the streets
- 09:39 Booths 2018 Christmas Book is out today!
- 09:39 Man 'stabbed long-term love rival to death with kitchen knife'...