Old Snobs building to be turned into boutique hotel
The former home of legendary Birmingham nightclub Snobs is set to be transformed into a new boutique hotel.
New plans have been unveiled to regenerate the Beneficial Building to create a 130-bedroom hotel with ground floor retail and commercial units.
But no hotel operator has been named in the newly submitted planning application.
The Beneficial Building, in Paradise Circus Queensway, has been largely vacant for several years including the lower level area previously occupied by Snobs.
The nightclub shut up shop there in September 2014 to move to a new base nearby in Smallbrook Queensway.... read more
- 11:33 Labour MP says second Brexit vote could lead to social unrest
- 11:33 More teachers back call for fairer funding in Sheffield schools
- 11:31 Usain Bolt: Athletics legend issues message to critics in bid to...
- 11:29 North Yorkshire Police Commissioner calls for Government to reverse...
- 11:30 LOOKING BACK: Swimming pool plans in deep water and 130-year-old...
- 11:29 Alarm as sinkhole opens in Ripon city centre: Residents react
- 11:29 Dog bites member of public in Harrogate
- 11:29 Wallaby on the loose in Filey
- 11:25 The world’s largest plane could take to the skies within weeks
- 11:27 Alarm as sinkhole opens in Ripon city centre: Residents react
- 11:25 Nazi guard, 95, is finally deported from the US to Germany after...
- 11:27 This company is looking for professional cuddlers - for £30 an hour
- 11:27 Incredible footage will allow us to 'see and hear' First World War...
- 11:27 Dog bites member of public in Harrogate
- 11:25 Eid Mubarak images, pictures and memes to send on Eid ul Adha
- 11:26 North Yorkshire Police Commissioner calls for Government to reverse...
- 11:25 Man known as ‘Mr Elastic’ can walk backwards after falling as teen
- 11:25 Staff put through 'terrifying ordeal' as thieves smash into Market...
- 11:25 Misconduct charges against Hillsborough police chief dropped
- 11:25 Cyril steps down after 50 years service with Alnwick Town FC
- 11:23 Do not travel on West Coast main line this bank holiday weekend,...
- 11:21 Perverted tourist snared in Sunderland by paedophile hunters
- 11:21 Police place order on Sunderland home to tackle anti-social behaviour
- 11:20 Arsène Wenger to get honour from Liberia's George Weah
- 11:21 Death crash driver to be sentenced
- 11:20 Spain's 'wolf pack' sex attackers confronted at Seville pool
- 11:17 Auditors praise North Tyneside Council for budget management
- 11:17 Wallsend entrepreneur drumming up support for adults with learning...
- 11:18 OMG! The Hills is returning to MTV
- 11:17 Experienced lifeboat man takes the helm