Old school pals in their 80s with same name meet up for first time in 70 years at hospital appointments five minutes apart
Two hospital outpatients in their 80s, both called Peter Smith, jumped up when they heard their name called in a hospital waiting room.
Standing, looking at one another, amused, they soon realised they had more in common than just their name.
It turns out they were old pals from Mantle Road School in the city’s West End more than 70 years ago.
Their appointments were just five minutes apart at Glenfield Hospital.
The pair, both 86, then spent a long time catching up on the intervening seven or so decades since they last saw one another.
Peter John Smith (they were known at school by their... read more
- 12:24 What is National Insurance and why are the Tories pledging to cut it?
- 12:07 M60 crash survivor reunited with firefighter rescuer by chance
- 12:02 Radcliffe Moriscos morris troupe win big at TMDA Championship
- 12:02 Bury Council meeting cancelled because of general election
- 11:38 Brexit Party campaigner being 'barred from store' results in...
- 10:39 Ricky Tomlinson and Ralf Little visit Bury Market to film new series
- 10:39 Concerns raised about bookings at The One
- 09:59 Burntwood groups boosted by donations from business
- 09:41 General election 2019 latest: Labour’s radical ‘manifesto of hope’
- 08:53 Man charged after young girl sexually assaulted in Radcliffe
- 08:38 Long delays after four-vehicle crash on M60 at Worsley
- 05:59 Bury Hospice – behind the scenes: Operations and outreach
- 05:59 Firm goes extra mile to help Bury Hospice
- 05:59 Old Hall Primary School is home to a beehive
- 05:59 Bury Council reserves will be spent on senior staff salaries
- 05:59 Crash victim reunited with saviour by chance
- 05:59 Bury's most wanted — November 21, 2019