Ofsted announces plans to crack down on bad behavior in the classroom
Passing notes, swinging on chairs and pupils whispering to each other in class could become a thing of the past in schools in the future.
Ofsted has announced plans to crack down on bad behaviour in the classroom during future school inspections.
Under the new proposals, schools will start being judged on the learning environment they provide for students, with the new framework including the introduction of separate judgments about learners’ personal development, and behaviour and attitudes.
Ofsted says this approach will mean behaviour and learners’ attitudes will be given the importance... read more
- 12:01 Showcase launch to find Burnley's brightest young stars who say 'I...
- 12:00 Doorman injured after wedding turned into 'orgy of violence'
- 12:00 Boy, 5, died after playing with lighter in his bedroom
- 12:00 Scots risk missing potential snap election as electoral role drops
- 12:00 Term-time holiday warning for parents as number of fines skyrockets
- 11:57 Alesha MacPhail’s family have shown bravery in the face of...
- 11:57 East 17's Brian Harvey arrested and hospitalised after self-harm...
- 11:57 Why does Coronation Street keep exploding its lesbians?
- 11:57 Libby Squire: Neighbours' grief and shock as Hull receives 'outcome...
- 11:55 ‘Zeal like a tiger’ Chelsea fans discuss Nuno but Wolves supporters...
- 11:55 This is what the Championship table looks like after Birmingham...
- 11:55 Jaguar Land Rover wins legal case against copycat Range Rover...
- 11:55 Man arrested after woman is injured in shooting in Sheffield
- 11:55 Devonshire Primary Academy taking ‘effective action’ in quest to be...
- 11:55 O2 statement after network crash leaves customers unable to make calls
- 11:55 Worksop firm gets prize at awards ceremony which recognises small...
- 11:55 Mental health hospital in Gainsborough rated ‘good’ after latest...
- 11:54 Family fundraiser in aid of poorly Wigan tot Theo
- 11:53 Brits set to be furiously divided as Marmite peanut butter launched
- 11:52 Ceronetti wins first Winter Series crown
- 11:52 Build a scarecrow for the birthday
- 11:52 Title in sight for Town Youth after Lye stalemate
- 11:52 CSE awareness week – businesses, hotels and licensing training
- 11:51 Great Wall trek for Leamington fundraisers
- 11:51 Leamington takeaway operator admits 21 hygiene offences
- 11:50 Parkfield School LGBT lessons 'not axed' despite protests
- 11:50 O2 responds to fault that left customers unable to make calls
- 11:50 Marmite Peanut Butter launches in the UK to divide every Brit
- 11:49 The 20 best secondary schools in Scotland ranked by Higher results
- 11:49 ‘No evidence’ Sunderland youngsters are starting wheelie bin fires...