Ofgem sets out plans for investment worth £17bn
REGULATOR Ofgem yesterday laid out plans for Britain's energy suppliers to invest £17 billion in renewing and maintaining electricity networks and connecting its small-scale regeneration.
The decision will see five out of the six companies that run the UK’s local electricity network carry out the work which should improve reliability and customer service.
Ofgem said it had set “challenging targets” for companies to continue improving reliability, speed up new connections to the network and increase work with “vulnerable consumers”.
The regulator’s chief executive, Dermot Nolan, said:... read more
- 11:04 Sheffield United give Alex Neil plenty to ponder after ringing...
- 11:04 Hoppers set for visit of the title favourites
- 11:03 Have you seen missing Peter Barber?
- 11:03 Woman can use donor sperm in IVF without estranged husband's...
- 11:02 Floods in Derbyshire and residents left stranded as Storm Bronagh hits
- 11:02 Special Menin Gate tribute for fallen comrades from First World War
- 11:01 It’s okay to hate Freshers’ Week, a lot of people do
- 11:01 The Education Focus column with Chris Head, NASUWT North and West...
- 11:01 New starters begin educational journey
- 11:00 Delays may see Garstang’s former community centre back on the market
- 11:00 Blackpool journalist says the human touch is vital for businesses
- 11:00 You won’t be ‘short’ with a Lottery win!
- 10:59 Lichfield-based business celebrates strong half-year financial results
- 10:58 Lifestyle Fitness gym in Carlisle to open 24 hours a day
- 10:58 Delays may see Garstang’s former community centre back on the market
- 10:57 Liverpool news: Why Klopp rejected documentary offer after Man City...
- 10:57 Wigan girl, 5, launches new recycling campaign
- 10:57 Visitors pour into Wigan after parking fees waived
- 10:57 Frontline staff could be moved in flu jab alert
- 10:56 Moss Bros shares dive on profit warning
- 10:55 Help stop vile trade in indecent images
- 10:55 Leader says county council finds itself in ‘difficult situation’...
- 10:54 Delays hit Tyne Tunnel traffic as roadworks close sliproad
- 10:54 Leeds road to shut for weeks during gas pipe works
- 10:53 Met Office issues yellow weather warning for the North West as...
- 10:53 Chris Evans reveals baby twins are called Boo and Walt as wife...
- 10:53 Defiant May stands by Chequers plan for Brexit after EU leaders...
- 10:52 M8 crash claims second victim as 68-year-old Maureen McCready dies...
- 10:52 Dad stole his son's girlfriend saying 'she's too gorgeous for you'
- 10:51 Delays hit Tyne Tunnel traffic as roadworks close sliproad