Nursery owner Claire Symons employed criminal partner
A nursery owner employed her partner who had a criminal record for battery and theft, as well as a previous caution for wilful neglect.
Claire Symons was given notice her registration is to be cancelled earlier this month after an Ofsted safeguarding investigation.
Four nurseries in Devon, caring for about 400 children, have closed after a complaint prompted the investigation.
Ms Symons and Shane Connolly have declined to comment.
On 6 April, Ofsted issued a notice of intent to cancel the registration, and Ms Symons was given 14 days to appeal.
Ofsted confirmed Mr Connolly's criminal record... read more
- 03:06 Top police commander praises witnesses who helped victim in Asda...
- 00:14 Three arrested after shots fired in Leicester city centre
- 00:15 Multiple theories of how to tackle Carnoustie reach no firm conclusion
- 03:06 Labour celebrates victory in Besses by election
- 00:15 Graffiti gang who caused £77,000 worth of damage to trains across...
- 00:14 Youths go on smashing spree in Peterlee
- 00:14 REVIEW: Poptastic Steps wow crowds at Lytham Festival
- 00:14 Pizza, popcorn - Sleights pupils’ sleepover at school raises more...
- 00:14 Victim speaks out after sex attacker jailed for 23 years
- 00:14 New low for Northants as they are beaten by Derbyshire
- 00:14 Police make second arrest in Shaun Lyall death
- 00:14 Headteacher says councillors 'must do better' after branding his...
- 00:14 RISE AND SHINE: Your morning news and travel
- 00:14 Steelbacks set to make more changes for Bears battle