Nurse forced to retire at 30 after medication caused birth defects in BOTH her children
A nurse says she has been forced to retire at 30 after medication caused birth defects in both her children.
Antonia Louise Rimmer was prescribed a drug called Epilim to treat her epilepsy and has been taking it since she was 13-years-old.
The mum-of-two, from Southport , continued to take the drug during both of her pregnancies and claims doctors never told it could pose a risk to her babies.
Antonia now has two children, eight-year-old Kaitlyn and Annie, 2, who both suffer from Fetal Valporate Syndrome, The Visiter reports.
Kaitlyn has a mild form of the condition and needs to wear... read more
- 11:20 Leisure centre staff don tutus to raise money for Bobby’s Fund
- 11:19 House of Fraser in Grimsby will not close after new terms agreed...
- 11:19 Ilkeston doctor suspended for three months following “deliberate...
- 11:17 Max Allegri hints at new role for Paulo Dybala after Cristiano...
- 11:16 Teenager dead after shooting in East London
- 11:14 Santi Cazorla reveals what Unai Emery wanted to know about Arsene...
- 11:13 The crime matters column with Supt Paula Booth
- 11:13 Car on roof outside Melton railway station after two-car crash
- 11:12 Classic 60s film at Louth cinema
- 11:11 Corbyn would back Labour membership call for second referendum
- 11:11 Man, 24, arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after double...
- 11:10 Ryan Inniss: Dundee players need to show more fight
- 11:09 Man, 24, arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after double...
- 11:08 Here's why the Prom is shut to traffic today
- 11:07 Darren Gough: Return of Tiger Woods only adds to lure of Ryder Cup
- 11:06 The crime matters column with Supt Paula Booth
- 11:05 Retired florist finds marriage proposal note from 1780, hidden in a...
- 11:03 Chas and Dave star Chas Hodges dies aged 74
- 11:02 Danniella Westbrook reveals cancer diagnosis ordeal
- 10:58 Robert Peston's 'guilt' at finding love after wife's death
- 10:58 A quiet night for Manby & Grimoldby WI
- 10:56 30 terrified dogs with matted fur and injuries rescued from house -...
- 10:56 Karen Clifton reveals the reason for her marriage breakdown with Kevin
- 10:54 Dad-of-one in intensive care after Hillsborough stabbing, says...
- 10:54 Woman robbed of her clothes in terrifying assault in Boston
- 10:52 Six sensational Thai restaurants in Warwick and Leamington
- 10:52 Crime chief says there's 'near to zero' chance of him re-running...
- 10:52 The amount of profit Jaguar Land Rover makes each second
- 10:52 Emergency services taking part in multi-agency training exercise
- 10:52 Fiat 500 review: New version of Car Share star will put a smile on...