Nuclear fusion on brink of being realised, say MIT scientists
The dream of nuclear fusion is on the brink of being realised, according to a major new US initiative that says it will put fusion power on the grid within 15 years.
The project, a collaboration between scientists at MIT and a private company, will take a radically different approach to other efforts to transform fusion from an expensive science experiment into a viable commercial energy source. The team intend to use a new class of high-temperature superconductors they predict will allow them to create the world’s first fusion reactor that produces more energy than needs to be put in to... read more
- 08:09 School anniversary celebrations: Royd Nursery Infant and Deepcar...
- 08:08 'Premier front four, Unibond back three' - West Brom fans have...
- 08:07 No-deal Brexit to fuel £1,500 rise in cost of EU car in UK, says...
- 08:07 Sky Q customers can now get Netflix integrated into their service
- 08:07 Storm Ali batters Britain with 60mph winds and heavy rain
- 08:06 School anniversary celebrations: Royd Nursery Infant and Deepcar...
- 08:06 ‘Our five-year-old daughter waited two years for a cancer diagnosis...
- 08:05 It'll Be Alright On The Night host Denis Norden dies aged 96
- 08:05 What do the UK weather warnings mean and when does the Met Office...
- 08:03 China won't devalue yuan to boost exports, says Premier Li
- 08:03 Tesco opens first discount store to take on Lidl and Aldi
- 08:02 Broken down vehicle causing rush-hour delays on M1 in South Yorkshire
- 08:02 Storm Ali's 80mph 'danger to life' winds set to hit Scotland
- 08:02 Bacteria causes suspension of breast milk service
- 08:02 London violent crime to be tackled with new unit
- 07:59 Sunny spells and gales set for today
- 07:58 Chelsea news: New Blues star’s impact is 'biggest since Jose...
- 07:58 Driving ban for man caught over alcohol limit
- 07:58 Liverpool news: Daniel Sturridge SLAMMED despite scoring in...
- 07:53 What is being done to tackle Calderdale's poor sport facilities and...
- 07:53 Owners’ despair at costly raids on Calderdale bar
- 07:53 Joint effort on adoption for five North-East councils
- 07:51 Police looking for girl, eight, last seen out walking before midnight
- 07:47 India man held for 'inhumane torture' of sister
- 07:47 Mexico corpse trailer: Jalisco forensic chief Luis Octavio Cotero...
- 07:46 Sunny spells and gales set for today
- 07:46 16-year-old Buxton girl missing
- 07:45 Joint effort on adoption for five North-East councils
- 07:45 Sunny spells and gales set for today
- 07:43 Live updates: Road closures after major fire at Royalty Cinema on...