Nottingham beats Derby and Leicester when it comes to filling shops
Nottingham fares better than its regional rival cities Derby and Leicester when it comes to filling shops, according to new figures.
A net average of four city centre shops have been opened in the past five years, compared to net closures of 43 in Derby and 36 in Leicester.
The Local Data Company found that the number of empty shops in Nottingham has also declined – and faster than other East Midlands cities – in the past year, with 16.2 percent of premises vacant in 2016, compared to 17.2 percent last year.
In Derby, vacant shops has increased by 0.9 percent to 17.2 percent, while there... read more
- 01:23 Mexico town's entire police force detained after murder
- 01:23 Clive Betts: Now is the time to allow ‘safe standing’ in football...
- 01:20 Is Kirklees a dinosaur?
- 01:20 $esc.html($content.name)
- 01:12 Surprise as DNA reveals new group of Native Americans: the ancient...
- 01:05 Clive Betts: Now is the time to allow ‘safe standing’ in football...
- 01:01 Clashes in Nigeria between farmers and herders kill 86
- 01:00 Baroness Sugg: Heathrow expansion will benefit all of UK
- 01:00 Jayne Dowle: Time to ban mobile phones from the classroom
- 00:54 The Yorkshire Post says: Back into battle. Treatment of military...
- 00:54 The Yorkshire Post says: Yorkshire’s future. Dan Jarvis leading...
- 00:54 Peter Gordon's panna cotta with balsamic blackberries recipe
- 00:54 The Yorkshire Post says: A new deal for rural Britain? Don’t write...
- 00:53 MPs gear up for crunch Heathrow vote without Boris Johnson
- 00:52 Train passengers stranded in Glasgow for nearly two hours due to...
- 00:52 Thousands descend on Edinburgh for Cancer Research Race For Life
- 00:47 Sir Philip Green came close to acquiring M&S in 2004, book claims
- 00:47 Little green bag: Morrisons turns to paper in war on plastic
- 00:47 Single first-time buyer in London needs 17 years to find 15%...
- 00:47 Ofgem appoints economist Martin Cave as chairman
- 00:42 Barrow model train club offer free days to local disability groups
- 00:38 Mental health services for the young is NHS's 'silent catastrophe'
- 00:36 The $5bn tech boss who grew up without electricity
- 00:35 Ministers shake up contract bidding rules
- 00:34 Paper bags for fruit and veg return to Morrisons in bid to cut down...
- 00:34 ‘World’s biggest pizza’ contains 11,000 calories and is four-foot wide
- 00:29 England show best of rugby league in dazzling Denver defeat of New...
- 00:25 Why are there so many George Soros conspiracy theories?
- 00:21 UK-focused firms have struggled since Brexit vote, analysis finds
- 00:21 Award-winning Wild West End garden opens in central London